Absolute Radio to switch off all AM transmitters across the UK

(30-11-2023, 09:27 PM)Spencer Wrote:  Hmm. That logo looks a bit over-thought to me - the kind of thing that you get when too many people have an input into something. And using a ‘play icon’ has become a bit of a cliché too. They could do with something simpler.
The old one was pretty simple, and incredibly dated. The new is a vast improvement, I can see it being used a lot better, I mean what can you do with this?

(01-12-2023, 03:36 PM)Stooky Bill Wrote:  The old one was pretty simple, and incredibly dated. The new is a vast improvement, I can see it being used a lot better, I mean what can you do with this?
Agreed, the old logo was a bit dated, and certainly not the most inspiring in the world, but Bauer did use the triangle from the logo as a device in various contexts, such as here:

You can do a lot more with a simple logo than a complicated squiggly one. You only have to look at the world's best known and most iconic brands to see that.

Bauer is dropping the remaining heritage brands from the Hits Radio Network, with all rebranding to the Hits Radio brand from April:

www.bauermedia.co.uk 

I don't understand why they bothered retaining Gem for such a short period of time.

[Image: signature.jpg]
chatps.com

(10-01-2024, 06:40 PM)Medianext.MX Wrote:  Bauer is dropping the remaining heritage brands from the Hits Radio Network, with all rebranding to the Hits Radio brand from April:

www.bauermedia.co.uk 

There's already a topic on this here:

pres.cafe 

(10-01-2024, 06:51 PM)WillPS Wrote:  I don't understand why they bothered retaining Gem for such a short period of time.

There's a "Hits Radio UK" on the same multiplex as Gem, I'm assuming that will be going. Hopefully they can use the data freed to up the bitrates elsewhere- GHR on there is still mono for god's sake.

Literally just a matter of weeks since Gem went DAB only (with GHR taking over on FM), like you say it seems pointless.

Radio 4 on 198LW to remain on air for another year:
mediumwave.info 
[-] The following 2 users Like Stooky Bill's post:
  • IronRoad, Spencer

It will be interesting to see if the MW relays carry on until March 2025 as well….. our local AM site in Plymouth only has Radio 4 left on it…

I presume the Long Wave opt outs will still end next month?

[Image: signature.jpg]
chatps.com

I suppose the question is whether the BBC is going to continue to feed the transmitter. Wasn't it France where an LW transmitter played a similar role, but just carried silence once the broadcaster washed its hands of it.

Given the BBC often pleads poverty it probably wouldn't be a good look to keep it running for the benefit of the privatised energy industry - It would make sense for that sector to cover the running costs for the extended period, whether the BBC feeds audio to it or not.

As official confirmation that *something* is going to continue - the ENA website says March 2025 also www.energynetworks.org