Thread Closed

Huw Edwards leaves the BBC

Probably inevitable but finally confirmed.

www.bbc.co.uk 
[-] The following 2 users Like Alf Stewart's post:
  • Brekkie, fatal paper cut

Hopefully means both Huw and the BBC can draw a line under the matter.

I suspect the team approach will continue but with the One about to get a dedicated Salford based presenter it would be good to bring more continuity to the Six and Ten, even if that's two presenters doing both across the week rather than a dedicated host for each.
[-] The following 6 users Like Brekkie's post:
  • fatal paper cut, JLav25, Stuart, TIGHazard, Toby brown, UTVLifer

It's a shame that Huw's departure ended up happening under these circumstances, though it's understandable that he's decided to resign on medial advice.

By resigning it'll presumably make it easier for him to get the treatment and support he needs, away from the public spotlight. Maybe sometime in the future we may see him on TV again, perhaps presenting or narrating a documentary.

I imagine that the BBC will also be glad to draw a line under the matter. It'll allow them to permanently appoint presenters for the national bulletins, as well as finalise presenters for the general election later this year. I dare say it also frees up some financial resources, as they'll no longer need to pay for cover, in addition to his £435,000–439,999 salary (ref 2023 annual report).

Formerly 'Charlie Wells' of TV Forum.

We will also be drawing a line under this matter now too thanks. As largely expected it's been confirmed Huw has left, and that's the end of the story really.
Thread Closed