Thread Closed

Ken Bruce to leave BBC Radio 2 show after 31 years

(06-04-2023, 12:47 PM)Neil Jones Wrote:  
(06-04-2023, 12:08 PM)London Lite Wrote:  I thought More4 had stopped commissioning shows a few years back?

May have started up again, with a caveat:  www.channel4.com  - key phrase seems to be "And EVRYTHING [sic] that we commission for More4 must be repeatable on C4."
They are commissioning again - there was a Jonathan Ross programme about myths and legends that went out very recently on More4.

I'd have thought it went without saying that 'EVRYTHING' commissioned for More4 is repeatable on C4. The target audiences for both channels are pretty much the same, are they not?
[-] The following 1 user Likes Kojak's post:
  • London Lite

Can't be worse than the aforementioned Very Hard Questions, or Reflex, another of Ken's shows.

(06-04-2023, 12:08 PM)London Lite Wrote:  I thought More4 had stopped commissioning shows a few years back?
Nobody told Matt Baker.
[-] The following 3 users Like Brekkie's post:
  • CATV, DeMarkay, Josh

Ken Bruce's Greatest Hits Radio show is being investigated by Ofcom over the station's campaign calling for offenders to be prevented from refusing to attend sentencing hearings.

The broadcasting watchdog said on Monday it would at look at whether the station had complied with rules around impartiality and accuracy.

This year's Face the Family petition has been made directly to Parliament.

www.bbc.co.uk 
[-] The following 1 user Likes Dadeki's post:
  • RhysJR

Unfortunate that the complaint has Ken's name against it, it seems to have been a half-baked station initiative rather than anything of his making.
[-] The following 4 users Like Steve in Pudsey's post:
  • AndrewP, DE88, ethanjbrady, Happy2001

(17-07-2023, 07:14 PM)Steve in Pudsey Wrote:  Unfortunate that the complaint has Ken's name against it, it seems to have been a half-baked station initiative rather than anything of his making.

Yes I don't recall Ken ever mentioning it himself but I certainly remember news bulletins mentioning it along the lines of "so and so has backed our campaign for this".

[Image: 1592580878_1869298444.svg]

(17-07-2023, 07:14 PM)Steve in Pudsey Wrote:  Unfortunate that the complaint has Ken's name against it, it seems to have been a half-baked station initiative rather than anything of his making.

Yes and I notice other news outlets have just gone with broad GHR. Stinks a bit of sour grapes from the newsroom.

Presumably the complaint was just about one station in the network, even though it’ll have probably been aired on most stations. The script will also presumably have been heard on other Bauer brands.

I suspect had it been within the programme rather than the news bulletin then OFCOM wouldn't be investigating.

I don’t listen to any radio at all so this might be the norm, but to me on the face of it, this seems like a really odd campaign for a music station to be pushing. Or is this sort of thing quite commonplace?
Thread Closed