Why are you into TV presentation?

I've got into it all fairly recently. Like most of us I heard The BBC News theme far too much over lockdown, I then watched this video and I've been stuck in a loophole of TV Pres ever since!

The broomcupboard. As a kid, when I grew up I wanted to be Phillip Schofield
[-] The following 6 users Like Steve in Pudsey's post:
  • bilky asko, DE88, harshy, L1_, Nobby, Superman1986

I'm not but I work in IT and have an interest in marketing.

Yes it was the itv regional logos for me too. I remember dancing around, when very young, to the start-up music of Southern television in the morning! Then going to visit family around the uk, seeing your own regional logo, made me feel homely.
[-] The following 2 users Like Pompeytv's post:
  • DE88, Superman1986

I originally got into the interest at the age of 11, when I watched the original Christmas Wrapping Videos by Applemask. For me, its an appreciation of the time and effort that people go to for something as innocuous and simple as a logo for a TV channel. A cynic could argue 'All they have to do is put a logo on the screen', but there is a lot that seemingly goes into it, even in the pres I consider to be poor.

Then there's the nostalgia. I remember watching James Bond on Video recorded by my Grandad from broadcasts on ITV. And to see the old ITV logos again, old adverts, old faces, it was actually really fun to see it all again

[Image: SAD%20BLU2.png]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Blubatt's post:
  • Kojak

I thought it would be a good way to meet women.

(30-01-2023, 10:53 PM)Steve in Pudsey Wrote:  The broomcupboard.  As a kid, when I grew up I wanted to be Phillip Schofield

The broom cupboard for me as well, especially those bits where they'd go behind the scenes or show a bit more of the desk and what the buttons did and that sort of thing. I had a colleague (now retired) who worked on the broom cupboard and was able to tell them that it was what made me want to work in telly.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Transmission's post:
  • DE88

(31-01-2023, 09:30 PM)Nobby Wrote:  I thought it would be a good way to meet women.

Well? Did it work?

[Image: SAD%20BLU2.png]

I think as a kid I just loved TV, and I always loved programmes like Going Live and Blue Peter when they took the viewer behind the scenes of life at Television Centre, I just found that fascinating. The presentation aspect was part of that, and I remember strongly the big BBC rebrand in 1991 when the brilliant 2s arrived. I've been interested in the way TV works and looks ever since.
[-] The following 2 users Like utterlee's post:
  • Ma76, PJamo

I remember finding an old copy of Look-in magazine at school in 1987. I was four years old, and even then was amazed to find that there were different ITV regions with different logos, and that they used to have their own children's TV programmes.

Not long after that I started to hear about the 1992 franchise round, and was amazed by that whole thing. And between those things friends and family started to get satellite, cable and local relay TV and suddenly all these new channels became accessible. I became close to obsessed about logos, branding, idents, music and tech behind it all, all at a very young age.