Brookside to Stream on STV Player

(16-12-2023, 12:25 PM)WillPS Wrote:  Further evidence that STV are happy with how the series is doing, if nothing else. The pace we're advancing through is quite nice at the moment, 2.5 years worth of it inside a year, but I would love it if we could have just 1 extra episode a week.

Yes - 5 episodes slot into my weekly routine now and I could manage one more, but doubling to 10 would put me off. It does seem odd though they might be releasing individual episodes which actually aren't that far happening in the rerun.

(16-12-2023, 12:55 PM)freeview87 Wrote:  Uploading classic episodes throughout the years would indicate to me that the weekly upload will stop at some point next year.

I would be very annoyed if they did this. Hopefully they continue with it, but upload some classic episodes for people who don't have the time to see through weekly episodes.

I think the compromise there is to make collections of key prisoners that have already been re-released rather than ones which now serve as spoilers.

Perhaps I'm reading that article wrong but I think this isn't any more than having extra episodes available in the current timeline? I don't think it's the random 'iconic' or 'classic' episodes as suggested - it'll just be an extra 10 episodes on NYD followed by the usual 5 on the Wednesday.

[Image: sig.jpg]

That's a bit odd though doing 15 in one week, and after Christmas too rather than yo watch over Christmas

(05-12-2023, 06:42 PM)WillPS Wrote:  The last of last week's episodes has a weird mismatching credit added on to the front of the sequence. It doesn't even seem to be the right font used.

Only just seen this (due to being away from home a couple of weeks back, and taking a while to catch up on the backlog of stuff), and I spotted it too- also noticable that the opening titles on that episode had the same "Brookside" caption in a different font that was only otherwise used on the first few episodes in 1982.

Seems interesting how many various edits we've had to end credits, presumably due to tape damage, but said tape damage never seems to affect the body of the episode.

The reporter interviewing Marie in episode 237 says he's working for IRN- I'm suprised they actually named IRN rather than just made something up.

(24-12-2023, 12:47 PM)James2001 Wrote:  The reporter interviewing Marie in episode 237 says he's working for IRN- I'm suprised they actually named IRN rather than just made something up.

Probably seeing as it was a much better known radio news 'brand' to a nationwide audience than, say, Radio City.

Ironically, City was one of the few ILR stations that didn't take IRN bulletins - they always ran their own bulletins 24 hours a day at that time (to the extent of cutting out any IRN namechecks from tape inserts)

Didn't get mentioned on here when STV put it up, but episode 242 was shown the same day as the first episode of EastEnders.
[-] The following 1 user Likes James2001's post:
  • Nobby

Looks like the 10 episodes of Brookside released on New Year's Day were just the next 10 (episodes 251-260) rather than "iconic episodes" as the article implied. Assuming we get the usual 5 episodes tomorrow, that's 15 episodes this week.