Brookside to Stream on STV Player

It's definitely there on the Samsung smart TV version of the app, as I used it last month, so it does exist, just clearly hasn't been rolled out to many versions yet.
[-] The following 1 user Likes James2001's post:
  • interestednovice

Episode 40 was rather a trudge. Also notable as the vast majority of the 'action' happens in one location outside the Close.

Also, why would you 'put away' a fruit machine?!

[Image: signature.jpg]
chatps.com
[-] The following 1 user Likes WillPS's post:
  • Alf Stewart

Considering how many people like Roger, it's a shame he isn't around for a massive amount of time- his final episode is 104- the one immediately before the 1st anniversary episode.
  • Brekkie

(08-03-2023, 11:20 PM)Larry the Loafer Wrote:  
(08-03-2023, 09:55 PM)Brekkie Wrote:  Roger is a brilliant comic character without being an out and out comedy character.

Anyone else finding on Firestick the latest episodes are in the wrong ratio - they've been stretched to 16:9 then cropped to 4:3.

I brought this up earlier in the thread but nobody replied, so I figured it was just a me issue. I've only had one episode display properly, and then it went back to being stretched and cropped when I played it again.

I've only noticed it for these latest episodes. One thing odd on the firestick though is the ads all display 16:9 within the 4:3 frame, and the 4:3 borders are more grey than black. On my android TV the ads display full screen and then the show in 4:3 with black borders.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Brekkie's post:
  • interestednovice

(08-03-2023, 09:55 PM)Brekkie Wrote:  
(08-03-2023, 08:56 PM)WillPS Wrote:  I particularly enjoyed the comedy of Roger mouthing off about his theory regarding Damon as you can see Sheila storming across the road in the background. The sort of thing you could only ever do with a real street.

Roger is a brilliant comic character without being an out and out comedy character.

Anyone else finding on Firestick the latest episodes are in the wrong ratio - they've been stretched to 16:9 then cropped to 4:3.

I must admit I like Roger too. Yes at times he can be a moaning old woman and complete a**e but he's shown his softer and more compassionate side by helping Petra deal with the admin for Gavins death. I know he's a legal bod so it's his 'job' but he does seem to have gone above and beyond.

A few characters seem to have been toned down a bit. While still unlikeable, Paul seems slightly more bearable since he had his depressive episode and even Lucy was quite pleasant when she was apologising to Roger for being short with him about the burglary. I must admit I quite like Annabelle. She seems quite down to earth and a bit of fun really. You can understand her frustration with Paul but of all the Collins family she seems to be the one who has accepted their predicament and is just trying to get on and make the best of it.

Ricky Tomlinson seems to be really enjoying himself too. He's had some depressing scenes but when he's in the light hearted ones he really
comes to life.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Alf Stewart's post:
  • Brekkie

I have to say I love the synopsis for episode 40...

Quote:Sheila waits at home while Bobby and his mates endlessly drink and drivel after-hours about nothing of any significance or interest.

Sounds like TV gold!

[Image: sig.jpg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes TheRealWB's post:
  • Stuart

Terry's poodle hair starting to develop in episode 38!
  • Alf Stewart

Haha, yes. When Terry first appeared in the early episodes I hadn't actually realised it was THAT Terry he looked so completed different. But by episode 38 he looks like the Terry we know and love.

(10-03-2023, 12:06 PM)Alf Stewart Wrote:  Haha, yes. When Terry first appeared in the early episodes I hadn't actually realised it was THAT Terry he looked so completed different. But by episode 38 he looks like the Terry we know and love.

Interesting that both he and Frank Rogers appear from so early on. I'd expected them to appear when they moved in.

In fact did Terry ever move to the Close properly? I think he might've lived in one of the flats above the parade at one point, and then of course was involved in the whole cult business.

Jimmy Corkhill is another who loiters around for ages before moving in himself.

[Image: signature.jpg]
chatps.com

Jimmy did have family living on the close of course, so had plenty of reason to hang around before moving in.

Sinbad was another who was around for years before living on the close. On that note we've already seen Michael Starke as a non-speaking extra twice in these early episodes.