Brookside to Stream on STV Player

The advertising is not aimed at Brookside, it's aimed at you. You could be the only viewer of Brookside, you'd still see the same adverts aimed at you.

It's probably a combination of them having more English advertisers now and them building a profile on you. E.g. You will see adverts aimed at a 22 year old English male with an interest in Liverpool in the 1980s, vintage arcade games (based on purchase and/or search history) and hundreds of other data points.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Nobby's post:
  • bilky asko

I can only wish I was still 22 years old. Or even 32.
[-] The following 1 user Likes James2001's post:
  • chrisdafur

(30-04-2023, 11:00 AM)James2001 Wrote:  Has anyone else started getting a lot more adverts during Brookside the last couple of weeks? 

It's been like this 3/4 weeks for me.

(28-04-2023, 07:46 PM)James2001 Wrote:  Looks like number 9's had an extension built since the Brookie days.

It was built for The Simpsons by papa Shadwick.

The Simpsons v2 did a midnight flit leaving him in the lurch for it.

[Image: signature.jpg]
chatps.com
[-] The following 1 user Likes WillPS's post:
  • bilky asko

I stopped watching Brookside regularly around 1997/98 so I don't think I ever saw that originally!

(30-04-2023, 11:00 AM)James2001 Wrote:  Has anyone else started getting a lot more adverts during Brookside the last couple of weeks? Not that it's a bad thing, as it's presumably a sign it's getting streamed enough for them to be able to sell more adverts, and to bigger advertisers. Until a couple of weeks ago there was usually only one or two adverts in a break, and often ones that were of little relevance outside of Scotland like BOS and Scotrail, now there's often 8 or 9 and from UK wide major advertisers.

Yes, get almost a full ad break the first episode but it generally drops back to one ad per break for the rest.

(30-04-2023, 11:00 AM)James2001 Wrote:  Has anyone else started getting a lot more adverts during Brookside the last couple of weeks? Not that it's a bad thing, as it's presumably a sign it's getting streamed enough for them to be able to sell more adverts, and to bigger advertisers. Until a couple of weeks ago there was usually only one or two adverts in a break, and often ones that were of little relevance outside of Scotland like BOS and Scotrail, now there's often 8 or 9 and from UK wide major advertisers.

I noticed that when watching episodes from the 50s (ie. from episodes 51-60!) earlier this morning. It didnt seem to happen every time though.

THE NEXT POST FOLLOWS SHORTLY…

(01-05-2023, 06:19 PM)Brekkie Wrote:  Yes, get almost a full ad break the first episode but it generally drops back to one ad per break for the rest.
I download from the STV Player (STV On Demand) app on Sky, so I don't get any adverts. I get the break bumpers for the commercials, but they just skip straight from one part to another. Big Grin

This week's Brookie-fest has appeared on Sky, but the first episode is randomly missing. Angry

And I've just had an advert for the Scottish SPCA and a Scottish fraud protection scheme, looks like some Scotland specific ads have started popping up for me again for the first time in weeks.