Freeview PSB3 HD Regional Arrangements

I think the match up will be the BBC equivalent of whatever it us carried in 193.

By that logic it would be

London
South East
South west
North West
West Midlands

But we will have to see. And this may need doing first anyway because the TSUDs have nit yet been changed at all For full regionalisation these will also need to change. At that point the other regions should appear

We will have to wait and see.

Do we have any more definite dates for all this as yet?

Nick Harvey
Carbuncle Corner - The Monstrous Lump on the World Wide Web

No dates, but things are happening...

cleanfeed.thetvroom.com 
[-] The following 4 users Like IanJRedman's post:
  • bkman1990, interestednovice, Ma76, Spencer

(16-03-2023, 07:09 PM)IanJRedman Wrote:  No dates, but things are happening...

cleanfeed.thetvroom.com 

Do we know if ITV1 HD will also be fully regionalised on Freeview at the same time?

Information from the BTTV box help pages. Tentatively saying 22nd March.

[Image: tig96x96.png]
[-] The following 5 users Like Andrew Wood's post:
  • bkman1990, IanJRedman, interestednovice, Ma76, Transmission

(16-03-2023, 10:07 PM)Andrew Wood Wrote:  Information from the BTTV box help pages. Tentatively saying 22nd March.

Weird why North West and South West wouldn't be in the first to roll out - as they're already fully HD ready (with Salford broadcasting in HD on the daily).

(16-03-2023, 10:17 PM)agentsquash Wrote:  
(16-03-2023, 10:07 PM)Andrew Wood Wrote:  Information from the BTTV box help pages. Tentatively saying 22nd March.

Weird why North West and South West wouldn't be in the first to roll out - as they're already fully HD ready (with Salford broadcasting in HD on the daily).
It's almost certainly a decision based around which regions have the technical infrastructure outside of the BBCs domain ready to go. Obviously some have existing versions of PSB3 for ITV already, the rest have needed to have new distribution put in to the transmitters.
[-] The following 3 users Like Stooky Bill's post:
  • chrisherald, interestednovice, Ma76

(16-03-2023, 11:19 PM)Stooky Bill Wrote:  
(16-03-2023, 10:17 PM)agentsquash Wrote:  Weird why North West and South West wouldn't be in the first to roll out - as they're already fully HD ready (with Salford broadcasting in HD on the daily).
It's almost certainly a decision based around which regions have the technical infrastructure outside of the BBCs domain ready to go. Obviously some have existing versions of PSB3 for ITV already, the rest have needed to have new distribution put in to the transmitters.

Granada is the version of ITV broadcast in HD across the North macro region - although would this make a difference?

Channel Islands is an interesting choice there.

Do they already have their own HD mux or do they get the same as the south west, with (I think) ITV Central

(17-03-2023, 10:48 AM)i.h Wrote:  Channel Islands is an interesting choice there.

Do they already have their own HD mux or do they get the same as the south west, with (I think) ITV Central

I believe the Channel Islands a modified version of an English mux (though I can't remember wich one), where ITV1 HD is removed from the service list. The video and audio data for ITV1 HD is still there, but it is inaccessible to normal equipment.

I think it is because of legal reasons (with the Channels Islands not being part of the UK) that ITV can't show any other version than Channel TV on the islands. Probably why they are one of the first ones.
[-] The following 3 users Like ASnep's post:
  • chrisherald, interestednovice, Ma76