Turkey & Syria Earthquake Coverage

It's a little disappointing that the BBC with all its resources haven't managed to get a single anchor there and on air yet. Am wondering this is a sign of things to come.

If you think about other such events, the BBC are usually very quick to get up and running, and Turkey is hardly a long haul flight from London.

This event is already significant, catastrophic and sadly it's predicted to get much worse.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Newsroom's post:
  • UTVLifer

Lyse Doucet has now arrived for BBC News.
[-] The following 6 users Like JamesWorldNews's post:
  • AJB39, bkman1990, CF1, Newsroom, Rolling News, UTVLifer

Mark Urban will be presenting from Southern Turkey for Friday night’s edition of Newsnight.

Sky News is really triumphing with their coverage of this tragedy. With Kay on the ground providing hours of material plus Alex Crawford now the first to report from Syria.
[-] The following 3 users Like ginnyfan's post:
  • Gibsy, Newsroom, thePineapple

(11-02-2023, 10:38 AM)ginnyfan Wrote:  Sky News is really triumphing with their coverage of this tragedy. With Kay on the ground providing hours of material plus Alex Crawford now the first to report from Syria.
Kay Burley certainly is very good at these evolving location reports. She got there quite quickly, and provides live reports throughout the day.

I would be worried if she turned up in my locale, as she's normally followed by at least some of the 'Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse' as a portent of doom.
[-] The following 2 users Like Stuart's post:
  • aaron_scotland, UTVLifer

She's not Orla Guerin, quite yet.
[-] The following 4 users Like ginnyfan's post:
  • CF1, Newsroom, Stuart, UTVLifer

There was another Sky reporter I saw the other day reporting from the Turkey/Syria border who was again excellent at portraying the issues faced by Syrians.
[-] The following 1 user Likes London Lite's post:
  • Hellsloot