Thread Closed

David McCallum dies

Thought this might just warrant a thread, based on past obituary threads.

David McCallum: NCIS and The Man from U.N.C.L.E. actor dies aged 90
Article: www.bbc.co.uk 

The piece on Breakfast this morning seemed longer than normal obituaries pieces, I guess in part as his career spanned 60+ years.  It was interesting to see an interview with him from the 60s, though I've no idea if that was from a UK or USA programme.  

It was notable that he was still working until fairly recently, having appeared in the most recent series of NCIS that finished airing in May. (A scene which made reference to his former role of Illya Kuryakin.) I've no idea whether he filmed any scenes for the next series, especially given the writers & actors strikes.  I wouldn't be too surprised if the next series includes an episode dedicated to his character's passing, in addition to an obituary slide in the credits.

Formerly 'Charlie Wells' of TV Forum.

I started a thread on this last night, but it seemed to disappear shortly after ... possibly because the only news source I could find was the Mirror website.
The story had only just broken, and hadn't started filtering through to being reported on other (perhaps more reputable) news sources than The Mirror.

I pointed out his starring roles in The Man From UNCLE, Sapphire & Steel, and more recently, NCIS. I was going to add any other relevant links after.

I wonder if he'll still be fighting off posessed pillows in the afterlife.

(26-09-2023, 01:42 PM)James2001 Wrote:  I wonder if he'll still be fighting off posessed pillows in the afterlife.
That’s just being silly.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Jon's post:
  • Nobby

It has been discussed in the feedback thread just recently that dedicated obituary threads are not considered within the remit of the forum unless they are someone particularly noteworthy from a presentation point of view, which is why a similar thread was not accepted last night and this one is being closed. The exact rule for this is:-

Threads relating to the death of a celebrity/actor/media personality are not considered within the remit of Pres Café. Unless the individual has a significant connection with broadcast design/presentation, please refrain from creating such threads.

The full rules of the forum can always be found here:-
pres.cafe 

Many thanks.
Frappé
Thread Closed