BBC iPlayer

iPlayer exclusive channels. FAST channels they are not. They are not Free (included in the License Fee), neither are they Ad Supported. AFS channels would be better term - Ad Free Streaming.

rxtvinfo.com 

seems the iPlayer geolocation feature is blocking some valid users, suggests some new IP ranges have been Brough into use by ISPs which were once linked to other countries.
[-] The following 1 user Likes cable's post:
  • interestednovice

Wonder if it's linked to the fact my region always defaults to London.

(30-10-2023, 10:19 PM)Mike Wrote:  Wonder if it's linked to the fact my region always defaults to London.

That might be cookies. are these enabled? account.bbc.com  and is your postcode set correctly here? account.bbc.com 

It worked fine last week, postcode is set to the right place. It changes then snaps back to London on a refresh.

I should state I do live in London but I have no interest in watching the BBC's edition of The Guardian at 6:30

i see Iplayer has updated on my Phone as as now finding the channels is like the sounds app, not really sure i like the new layout has anyone else found it useful ?

Not really there’s also a few bugs, I managed to make a sound of one clip play on another clip, also selecting another region Dosent necessarily show the correct region first time on the stream.
[-] The following 1 user Likes harshy's post:
  • TJTSW

Noticed that the 6.58pm switch over from CBBC/CBeebies and BBC Three/BBC Four doesn't seem to have happened tonight on iPlayer, at least for me. BBC Three and Four are broadcasting the off air slides and the kids channels are on-air, but with the streams of Three/Four.

EDIT: Checked again just after posting and the switch has been made.
[-] The following 5 users Like PATV Scunthorpe's post:
  • AndrewP, callumwatchestelly, interestednovice, Ma76, Roger Darthwell

(02-11-2023, 07:12 PM)Mike Wrote:  It worked fine last week, postcode is set to the right place. It changes then snaps back to London on a refresh.

I should state I do live in London but I have no interest in watching the BBC's edition of The Guardian at 6:30
So you live in London but want it to think you're in another region? I think I see the problem now. I bet you have location tracking enabled, and that's what constantly resets it to London. You need to remove the permission for them to know your location.
[-] The following 1 user Likes JAS84's post:
  • Mike

Seems to be an Edge issue. On Chrome it functions just fine - I've looked at cookies, location settings and my cache and it doesn't make the blindest bit of interest.