Irish TV Programmes

RTE's week getting worse, the scandal over payments to Ryan Tubridy not being disclosed has led to the suspension of the RTE Director General

www.rte.ie 
[-] The following 3 users Like JMT1985's post:
  • bkman1990, RhysJR, Roger Darthwell

Ryan Tubridy was also absent from his radio show this morning.

twitter.com 
[-] The following 1 user Likes RhysJR's post:
  • Roger Darthwell

I would like to know how Ryan Tubridy didn't know about these extra payments? Surely he knows the salary he is signed to earn from RTE.

I bet Ant and Dec know their salary from ITV

Every year, RTE like the BBC, publish the salaries of their presenters who are paid for out of the licence fee, how Ryan didn't know that on top of the near €450,000 a year he publicly got from RTE, that he didn't receive more beggars belief.

I really feel Tubridy might not last on RTE - he is now only contracted to do the RTE Radio 1 show, which is basically a five hours a week position (1 hour a day)
[-] The following 1 user Likes JMT1985's post:
  • Michael 18

Do they have to declare the pay of top talent in the same way the BBC do?

A new statement from Ryan Tubridy. He will also not present his radio show all of next week.

twitter.com 
  • Roger Darthwell

(23-06-2023, 04:34 PM)Brekkie Wrote:  Do they have to declare the pay of top talent in the same way the BBC do?

Yes, the top earners list of always published, but it is published in arrears, meaning the salaries listed are usually from two years previous. 

Here is the most recent salary list, and bare in mind the salaries may look small compared to BBC salaries, but of course RTE is a much smaller company than the BBC 

www.rte.ie  

Paid for by the €160 a year licence fee for households, but also RTE is a semi state company, meaning it also carries limited advertising and sponsorship
[-] The following 1 user Likes JMT1985's post:
  • Brekkie

(23-06-2023, 04:33 PM)JMT1985 Wrote:  I would like to know how Ryan Tubridy didn't know about these extra payments? Surely he knows the salary he is signed to earn from RTE.
I bet Ant and Dec know their salary from ITV
Every year, RTE like the BBC, publish the salaries of their presenters who are paid for out of the licence fee, how Ryan didn't know that on top of the near €450,000 a year he publicly got from RTE, that he didn't receive more beggars belief.
I really feel Tubridy might not last on RTE - he is now only contracted to do the RTE Radio 1 show, which is basically a five hours a week position (1 hour a day)

There seemed to be some kind of commercial deal where he was paid by an advertiser to make a number of personal appearances in return for the top up. After year 1 the advertiser pulled out and so RTE continued to pay him the extra money out of this "barter" account. I assume he thought it wasn't coming directly from RTE like his main salary.

twitter.com 
  • Brekkie

Dee Forbes has resigned as DG this morning (though she was leaving anyway in a fortnights time).
[-] The following 3 users Like Rdd's post:
  • bkman1990, Brekkie, Toby brown

What an empty gesture, to resign now, when she was retiring from the position in July - Dee Forbes seems to have been the worst Director General RTE has had, as there seems to be nothing but controversial issues surrounding her time as DG
[-] The following 2 users Like JMT1985's post:
  • bkman1990, Toby brown