Irish TV Programmes

If they weren’t clear that he had left RTE on Thursday, they’ve changed the name of the show and the signature tune today, although Oliver Callan is still presenting on a stand in basis.

I feel Oliver will get the job full time - I am sure he has already impressed RTE management and the listeners and so is now the natural choice.
[-] The following 1 user Likes JMT1985's post:
  • Roger Darthwell

Looks like the owl is staying on the new Late Late Show:
twitter.com 

Watch this space...
WestKnightTV - on DeviantArt

And so is “To Whom it Concerns”; if that clip is anything to go by. Though it sounds like a slightly different arrangement.
[-] The following 3 users Like Rdd's post:
  • bkman1990, Superman1986, W. Knight

So the theme tune is remaining unchanged, which is fine, it is unique to the show and harks back to the golden age of Gay Byrne, something which RTE and Patrick might want to do, create nostalgia a bit, with the hope that Irish viewers will ignore the RTE mess which they currently are in (self inflicted)

The set will be interesting to see what they will do with it - will the desk be brought back, as Tubridy got rid of the desk I think around Covid and never brought it back.

What I would love to see in the set design, is a night time view of Dublin city skyline - something which David Letterman had for his Late Show run, especially his last decade on air, he had a lovely New York City night time skyline backdrop.

Only a week and a bit before we find out.
[-] The following 1 user Likes JMT1985's post:
  • Superman1986

Yeah, it’s the same arrangement, no spoken “To whom it concerns, it’s the Late Late Show” although the words “To Whom it Concerns” and “Patrick Kielty” do appear in the open along with a clip of Gay Byrne which I’m hoping was just for the first show. New set too although in much the same colours as the last one - the house band has been surprisingly retained and Kielty opened with a monologue that I’m not sure went down well.

First guests of the new era, Tommy Tiernan, Laurita Blewitt and Hector O hEochagain.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Rdd's post:
  • Superman1986

Intro here:

twitter.com 
[-] The following 8 users Like Brekkie's post:
  • AJB39, bkman1990, DeMarkay, Edogawa Ranpo, ethanjbrady, RhysJR, Roger Darthwell, thePineapple

(15-09-2023, 10:18 PM)Brekkie Wrote:  Intro here:

twitter.com 

Wow, this is something I wouldn't expect from RTÉ of all broadcasters, but this looks very classy, almost too-Jimmy Fallon like but overall a nice change.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Edogawa Ranpo's post:
  • ethanjbrady

“You’re live on RTE please don’t say barter”. Not sure if that’s the first time it’s been referenced tonight.

The set is quite nice compared to the dull sets of recent years.

We got a clip of Nat King Cole’s “The Late Late Show”, which was the ending theme in the Gay Byrne days, over the start of the end credits (in the Gay Byrne days, there weren’t any end credits, just the shows logo, because the credits were run over the opening titles, an unusual practice even back then).
[-] The following 1 user Likes Rdd's post:
  • lookoutwales