BBC Website

Not sure how new it is but the favicon on BBC News articles has been updated to the red squares, though the home page and sections still use the generic favicon.

Formerly 'Charlie Wells' of TV Forum.

(05-08-2022, 04:38 PM)Keith Wrote:  Not sure how new it is but the favicon on BBC News articles has been updated to the red squares, though the home page and sections still use the generic favicon.

He's right.... Why are they doing it like that?

Following up on this, SPORT and WEATHER both have their icons on the home page, but not on articles!

Funny how that works.

Nothing on BITESIZE yet though, I checked.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Lyric's post:
  • SlimyTrain

The BBC Weather app had an update on android which stated moving to Reith. Glancing at the website today it looks like it's now using the Reith font(s).

(10-11-2022, 02:00 PM)Keith Wrote:  The BBC Weather app had an update on android which stated moving to Reith.  Glancing at the website today it looks like it's now using the Reith font(s).

I got it early since I joined the beta
twitter.com 

I only use the BBC News app occasionally, however I’ve noticed today when having a look that I no longer have the option to switch to the “new experience”. I liked the branding change but was never a fan of the layout so I never stuck with it - has it gone for others too?

(22-01-2023, 10:36 AM)Ant Wrote:  I only use the BBC News app occasionally, however I’ve noticed today when having a look that I no longer have the option to switch to the “new experience”. I liked the branding change but was never a fan of the layout so I never stuck with it - has it gone for others too?
Still present on Android, tucked away in settings under 'change mode' submenu.

(22-01-2023, 12:37 PM)Keith Wrote:  
(22-01-2023, 10:36 AM)Ant Wrote:  I only use the BBC News app occasionally, however I’ve noticed today when having a look that I no longer have the option to switch to the “new experience”. I liked the branding change but was never a fan of the layout so I never stuck with it - has it gone for others too?
Still present on Android, tucked away in settings under 'change mode' submenu.

Now that I hear that, I won't switch it back to the logo swap design.

Was just about to ask about that - did they find everyone who switched to it then switched back?

I'm using the BBC News app on Android, updated to the latest version, and I'm still opted into the new layout. Are you saying, if I were to turn off the preview and go back to the 'stable' version, the option to opt back into the preview would disappear?