BBC Website

(03-08-2023, 02:47 PM)James2001 Wrote:  Not least because calling it that is legitimising Musk and what he's doing to the platform, which I outright refuse to do.
Twitter isn’t some kind of public property. He can call it what he likes with or without your approval. You can call it what you like, but that doesn’t mean X isn’t the correct name.
[-] The following 3 users Like Jon's post:
  • all new phil, AndrewP, LondonViewer

(03-08-2023, 03:07 PM)Jon Wrote:  Twitter isn’t some kind of public property. He can call it what he likes with or without your approval. You can call it what you like, but that doesn’t mean X isn’t the correct name.

I mean the website address is still twitter.com so it's not like either is really incorrect...
[-] The following 4 users Like agentsquash's post:
  • AndrewP, ethanjbrady, orange, SlimyTrain

I have noticed in the last few months, BBC news articles seem to inject common words but they are out of place, not matching up with the rest of the article. A favourite seems to be “reckons”.

(10-07-2023, 07:51 PM)Brekkie Wrote:  Not surprising given how long it's been in Beta - possibly even before the Chameleon look was rolled out on screen.   I rolled back very quickly after testing it

To be honest, that horizontal menu just didn't work well.

(29-07-2023, 12:08 PM)Imaginativename Wrote:  Why does the icon not animate at the start? Only the i-player icon animates but on the promo video for the BBC rebrand, it shows all the icons animating on phones. Another irritating inconsistency is the way the blocks squash at the top on the News app but not on any of the other apps.

Yeah, iPlayer is the only one so far.

I think the thinking behind not adding an animation on the BBC News app is not to hinder performance on lower-end devices.

I use a mid-range Pixel phone and half the time when I open the iPlayer app the animation gets skipped and it takes a second or two for me to be able to interact

At school they taught me how to be
So pure in thought and word and deed
They didn't quite succeed...

New "Live Hub" being trialled on the website, easy access to all live events (inc. Sounds and iPlayer shortcuts):

i.imgur.com 
Web Image

What does that say about a channel if it scares fish? Just talk me through that.

Good idea in concept. Unfortunately, on mobile, the result is the BBC logo awkwardly pushed off-centre, closer to the right of the screen.

I'm also not sure that icon is strong or obvious enough on its own, even though they do use it already next to live stories.

Definitely needs a rethink.

Seems a good spot to put TV channels as well.

(28-11-2023, 09:27 AM)thomalex Wrote:  Seems a good spot to put TV channels as well.

TV channels? What TV channels? They’re only allowed to acknowledge the existence of iPlayer and “Sounds” now remember.

[Image: 1592580878_1869298444.svg]

My local paper has an article complaining about the BBC trying to put them out of business.
www.hulldailymail.co.uk