CITV is to close

(10-03-2023, 12:16 PM)Keith Wrote:  It does however give a stronger argument against the BBC not closing the CBBC channel. I seem to recall there being reports recently on the lack of or limited UK children's programming. Maybe the BBC will opt for a similar approach of putting some CBBC branded programming on BBC Two pre-9am and maybe even early evening (similar to before the channel existed).

I expect that is what will happen. Heaven knows, it's not like there is anything other than repeats on BBC Two at those times (apart from the Crucible, obviously).
[-] The following 3 users Like Kojak's post:
  • bkman1990, interestednovice, Ma76

(10-03-2023, 12:10 PM)eyeTV Wrote:  Here is the ITV press release

www.itv.com 
They have Teletubbies and Bob the Builder? I thought those were Cbeebies shows?

(10-03-2023, 12:22 PM)JAS84 Wrote:  

www.itv.com 
Were being the operative word. No idea about Teletubbies, but I'm pretty sure the Bob the Builder remake was on Milkshake originally. (As, I believe, was Fireman Sam).
[-] The following 4 users Like Kojak's post:
  • bkman1990, interestednovice, Ma76, WhoOdyssey

Not a surprise, they don't seem to make much it it, its not really promoted and the promos are all just generic 'on CITV' endboards.

The problem they and the BBC will have losing their children's channels is that their is less chance of discovering the programmes on their streaming platform. The majority of what my kids watch they only know about because they saw it on TV first.

For pre school children linear channels still have a place - putting Cbeebies on is very handy for parents, it doesn't require you to stop what you're doing to fanny around with the remote to find something else for them. They also get more variety, mine watch episodes of the same programme over and over again in streaming
[-] The following 5 users Like Stooky Bill's post:
  • benzj, bkman1990, interestednovice, Jeff, Ma76

(10-03-2023, 12:21 PM)Kojak Wrote:  
(10-03-2023, 12:16 PM)Keith Wrote:  It does however give a stronger argument against the BBC not closing the CBBC channel.  I seem to recall there being reports recently on the lack of or limited UK children's programming.  Maybe the BBC will opt for a similar approach of putting some CBBC branded programming on BBC Two pre-9am and maybe even early evening (similar to before the channel existed).

I expect that is what will happen. Heaven knows, it's not like there is anything other than repeats on BBC Two at those times (apart from the Crucible, obviously).

The repeats before 9am on BBC Two are signed, so there’s a considerable public service value in them.
[-] The following 3 users Like Spencer's post:

(10-03-2023, 12:34 PM)Spencer Wrote:  
(10-03-2023, 12:21 PM)Kojak Wrote:  I expect that is what will happen. Heaven knows, it's not like there is anything other than repeats on BBC Two at those times (apart from the Crucible, obviously).

The repeats before 9am on BBC Two are signed, so there’s a considerable public service value in them.
Good point - but surely they could be moved after 9am? Not really sure why they simulcast BBC News, when everyone who can get BBC Two also gets BBC News.
[-] The following 4 users Like Kojak's post:
  • bkman1990, interestednovice, Ma76, Spencer

Same reason they broadcast the news channel when BBC One goes off air, which is equally pointless for the same reason. Saves money on having someone in the continuity room, while avoiding downtime in an era where Ceefax no longer exists to show Pages From. What's the alternative? Testcard?
[-] The following 3 users Like JAS84's post:
  • bkman1990, Ma76, Rijowhi

(10-03-2023, 12:22 PM)JAS84 Wrote:  

www.itv.com 

Both made by independent companies though, so presumably the BBC don't own the rights, and the indies can shop it round to whoever's prepared to pay for it. No different to the likes of Goodnight Sweetheart and Men Behaving Badly being on ITVX.
[-] The following 2 users Like James2001's post:
  • bkman1990, Ma76

(10-03-2023, 12:25 PM)Kojak Wrote:  
(10-03-2023, 12:22 PM)JAS84 Wrote:  They have Teletubbies and Bob the Builder? I thought those were Cbeebies shows?
Were being the operative word. No idea about Teletubbies, but I'm pretty sure the Bob the Builder remake was on Milkshake originally. (As, I believe, was Fireman Sam).

The 2015 version of Teletubbies is still being shown on CBeebies to this day. Bob the Builder was indeed shown on Milkshake for a while before ending up on LittleBe.
[-] The following 3 users Like ACTV's post:

(10-03-2023, 01:04 PM)NACTV Wrote:  
(10-03-2023, 12:25 PM)Kojak Wrote:  Were being the operative word. No idea about Teletubbies, but I'm pretty sure the Bob the Builder remake was on Milkshake originally. (As, I believe, was Fireman Sam).

The 2015 version of Teletubbies is still being shown on CBeebies to this day. Bob the Builder was indeed shown on Milkshake for a while before ending up on LittleBe.
It’s worth mentioning that the press release doesn’t even mention the live-action Teletubbies series, it’s the animated shorts series ‘Teletubbies Let’s Go!’