CITV is to close

(20-09-2023, 12:02 PM)Rex Wrote:   It was up on Virgin as well until they took it down on Friday. I'm pretty certain it's still active. Just looping a promotion for ITVX Kids

The promotion is still looping on the satellite feed... I'm quite surprised it's still going over 3 weeks later. If it was still up on Virgin until recently that might be why it was maintained, can't be staying up for much longer though.

(23-09-2023, 03:28 PM)frasergj Wrote:  The promotion is still looping on the satellite feed... I'm quite surprised it's still going over 3 weeks later. If it was still up on Virgin until recently that might be why it was maintained, can't be staying up for much longer though.
I can't imagine that's been the blocker. Usually Virgin Media put up a card of their own fairly quickly... sometimes before the channel itself has closed!

[Image: signature.jpg]
chatps.com

(23-09-2023, 08:03 PM)WillPS Wrote:  I can't imagine that's been the blocker. Usually Virgin Media put up a card of their own fairly quickly... sometimes before the channel itself has closed!

They didn't this time.

It stayed up for about a week on Virgin before going off completely.

So it's only in Freesat now but nit sure how much longer

The promo loop seems to have stopped now, it's the CITV DOG over a black screen now.
[-] The following 2 users Like frasergj's post:
  • interestednovice, Jimbo2022

(04-10-2023, 10:44 AM)frasergj Wrote:  The promo loop seems to have stopped now, it's the CITV DOG over a black screen now.

As seen here, uploaded a few hours ago.

www.youtube.com 
[-] The following 1 user Likes itvblocks's post:
  • callumwatchestelly

(04-10-2023, 03:45 PM)itvblocks Wrote:  As seen here, uploaded a few hours ago.

www.youtube.com 
Looks like they might be getting ready for decommissioning the channel at this point
[-] The following 4 users Like Rex's post:
  • interestednovice, itvblocks, Stuart, UTVLifer

(04-10-2023, 05:47 PM)Rex Wrote:  Looks like they might be getting ready for decommissioning the channel at this point

While checking Sky Mix for the other thread, I note that CITV is also still transmitting a blank screen with DOG coming up to 2 months since the last programme aired (and 1 month since the loop ended)
[-] The following 3 users Like frasergj's post:
  • callumwatchestelly, itvblocks, Roger Darthwell

(27-10-2023, 11:38 AM)it's rxtraordinary.frasergj Wrote:  While checking Sky Mix for the other thread, I note that CITV is also still transmitting a blank screen with DOG coming up to 2 months since the last programme aired (and 1 month since the loop ended)

Yes it's extraordinary. It will disappear soon I am almost certain.
[-] The following 3 users Like Jimbo2022's post:
  • ethanjbrady, itvblocks, Roger Darthwell

I'm assuming there's a reason why CITV is still effectively "on air" albeit as a black screen with a DOG?

Wondering if its going to be a repeat of the "Granada Plus has ceased broadcasting" slide that went out for years (six and a half according to Wiki) after Plus ceased to exist Big Grin
[-] The following 1 user Likes Neil Jones's post:
  • Roger Darthwell

(27-10-2023, 01:48 PM)Neil Jones Wrote:  I'm assuming there's a reason why CITV is still effectively "on air" albeit as a black screen with a DOG?

Wondering if its going to be a repeat of the "Granada Plus has ceased broadcasting" slide that went out  for years (six and a half according to Wiki) after Plus ceased to exist Big Grin
Font remember it being there that long