New CBBC/CBeebies Presentation

From that, looks like the three bugs will be the B B C perhaps?
[-] The following 2 users Like steve's post:
  • interestednovice, LargelyALurker

Yeah, I dunno. The bugs were distinct from any other pre-school channel and now they look eerily (near identical) to the Cartoonito mascot. Still, we've yet to see how the logos appear on screen and we don't know if CBBC is undergoing a rebrand itself the same week.
[-] The following 6 users Like Allanbuzzy's post:
  • bkman1990, insert_good_username_here, interestednovice, Ma76, Roger Darthwell, SlimyTrain

Could we see a mid week refresh to CBeebies? Perhaps the new look to air tomorrow? I’m honestly not a fan of the new logo for CBeebies, but it seems to be the way channels are going now. Especially when you look at the likes of Cartoonito, Nick Jr, Disney Junior, Sky Kids.
[-] The following 6 users Like mixchris's post:
  • BBCChameleonFan, bkman1990, interestednovice, Ma76, SlimyTrain, thePineapple

(14-03-2023, 06:04 PM)mixchris Wrote:  Could we see a mid week refresh to CBeebies? Perhaps the new look to air tomorrow? I’m honestly not a fan of the new logo for CBeebies, but it seems to be the way channels are going now. Especially when you look at the likes of Cartoonito, Nick Jr, Disney Junior, Sky Kids.
Exactly what I'm thinking, because
1) The BBC announced their Chameleon branding the day before it happened.
2) The branding launch happened on a Wednesday, so this gives a chance for CBeebies to have its rebrand on that day this week.
[-] The following 3 users Like BBCChameleonFan's post:
  • insert_good_username_here, interestednovice, thePineapple

(14-03-2023, 06:04 PM)mixchris Wrote:  Could we see a mid week refresh to CBeebies? Perhaps the new look to air tomorrow? I’m honestly not a fan of the new logo for CBeebies, but it seems to be the way channels are going now. Especially when you look at the likes of Cartoonito, Nick Jr, Disney Junior, Sky Kids.

Nick Jr. and Disney Junior are fair examples of logos turning out to be simpler than the ones that came before it, likewise with Cartoonito, but I really don't see that comparison for Sky Kids. Sure, it deviates from the typical "place Sky Sans [or whatever they call their brand font] in a box" but it works for a kids channel because they are doing something different to stand out. Funnily enough, the usage of "splats" in the logo does kinda feel like a nudge to Nickelodeon a bit.

CBBC's logo demonstrates nothing of the sort, and while there is a minor touch up where Reith is rounded, I hardly see how it's any unique than say, the likes of Cartoon Network or POP. You need a logo to stand out, and it's clear to the BBC that CBBC isn't standing out to their audience anymore, so why go the extra mile with the logo?

CBeebies does still deviate, but I imagine a lot of kids are going to be incapable of accepting change to the logo. At least the bugs are still integral to the branding.
[-] The following 5 users Like Allanbuzzy's post:
  • bkman1990, insert_good_username_here, Ma76, Roger Darthwell, thePineapple

Yeah, those bugs look like the Cartoonito logo

[Image: NEW_CBBC_SLIDEEE.PNG]

CBBC breakdown slide spotted before BBC Three start up

[Image: image.png]

And CBeebies's before BBC Four.
[-] The following 7 users Like TheFullElectro's post:
  • BBCChameleonFan, bkman1990, insert_good_username_here, interestednovice, Juicy Joe, Ma76, scottishtv

Both CBeebies and CBBC breakdown slides spotted!

youtu.be [Image: NEW_CBBC_SLIDEEE.PNG]
[-] The following 3 users Like g1ngerj0sh's post:
  • bkman1990, interestednovice, Juicy Joe

CBBC has a BBC Three vibe.

I don't mind the CBeebies logo but think I prefer the bugs.

CBBC we will have to see.
[-] The following 6 users Like CATV's post:
  • insert_good_username_here, interestednovice, Ma76, SlimyTrain, Spencer, thePineapple

(14-03-2023, 09:25 PM)CATV Wrote:  CBBC has a BBC Three vibe.

It does. And I would imagine that’s deliberate. They’ll want CBBC viewers to move on to become BBC Three viewers as they get older, so it’s not a bad idea for there to be a connection between the two.
[-] The following 8 users Like Spencer's post:
  • bilky asko, bkman1990, DE88, insert_good_username_here, interestednovice, Jeff, Ma76, Superman1986