New CBBC/CBeebies Presentation

Yes, it is a temporary set. De-Graft was tweeting/posting about it.
x.com 

Looking at the CBBC schedules for the new year, I noticed that some CBeebies shows will be shown on CBBC at midday from Monday 8th of January. (www.bbc.co.uk )

media.discordapp.net 
Web Image

[-] The following 2 users Like TheFullElectro's post:
  • insert_good_username_here, LouBlu08

(18-12-2023, 04:39 PM)TVHead Wrote:  Yes, it is a temporary set. De-Graft was tweeting/posting about it.
x.com 
That temporary set looks quite nice. I don't see why they don't just move that to whatever permanent studio they end up in at MediaCity.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Stuart's post:
  • interestednovice

If it didn't air the same time using one of the screens in the Breakfast set would be fine for it.

(21-12-2023, 03:52 PM)Brekkie Wrote:  If it didn't air the same time using one of the screens in the Breakfast set would be fine for it.

Or the old Breakfast/current NWT set.

I guess a complication here is that while day to day Newsround could share a studio with any number of programmes or services, it needs to be able to get on air at short notice in an obit situation, which limits the options.

Yeah - like when the Queen died?

Yes, that was what I meant by an obit.

Other than the monarch, would anyone else justify a Newsround obit? And if the Monarch dies, the only other live programme would be BBC News, leaving studio options for Newsround

(27-12-2023, 08:40 PM)excel99 Wrote:  Other than the monarch, would anyone else justify a Newsround obit? And if the Monarch dies, the only other live programme would be BBC News, leaving studio options for Newsround

The only two major deaths warranting an immediate broadcast in recent years were Prince Phillip and the Queen, both of which were Category 1. Even then, the broadcasts were no longer than 10 minutes so the studios wouldn't need to be occupied for a long period of time.

What does that say about a channel if it scares fish? Just talk me through that.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Josh's post:
  • UTVLifer