New CBBC/CBeebies Presentation

(15-03-2023, 09:34 AM)Tola Wrote:  There seems to be a lot of people slamming the CBBC and CBeebies rebrand especially (on YouTube and Twitter), mainly due to it "not being the same as before" or for the logo being too simple (and corporate).

And they are absolutely right
[-] The following 2 users Like Roger Darthwell's post:
  • Juicy Joe, Ma76

The CBBC chant in some of the bumpers seem a bit too childish for the channel.
[-] The following 9 users Like Hybrid's post:
  • alfiejmulcahy, Bengsy, bkman1990, dbl, ethanjbrady, insert_good_username_here, Ma76, orange, UTVLifer

(15-03-2023, 12:01 PM)Hybrid Wrote:  The CBBC chant in some of the bumpers seem a bit too childish for the channel.

I did think this too, it’s an odd juxtaposition with how grown-up the idents feel.

I don't mind CBBC's new ident, but the logo... soulless
[-] The following 4 users Like ITVMan's post:
  • insert_good_username_here, Jeff, Juicy Joe, Roger Darthwell

You're trying to appeal to ages between 6 and 12 - that is quite a range, not easy!
[-] The following 15 users Like steve's post:
  • benzj, bkman1990, Brekkie, DE88, DeMarkay, Happy2001, insert_good_username_here, Jeff, Josh, Ma76, orange, SlimyTrain, thePineapple, Tola, UTVLifer

I think it's a case of the 1997 rebrand again. The logos themselves look bland and boring but the personality of the brand is shown through the relevant presentation. They're definitely a big departure from the old branding but it works and it's visually pleasing.

What does that say about a channel if it scares fish? Just talk me through that.
[-] The following 10 users Like Josh's post:
  • benzj, DE88, HJB, Jeff, Juicy Joe, KyleToons, LargelyALurker, Ma76, thePineapple, UTVLifer

I know everyone is saying there's a BBC Two feel about CBBC the idents. Must admit I'm getting more BBC Choice!

[Image: BBCChoice01c.jpg]
[-] The following 11 users Like thomalex's post:
  • Allanbuzzy, bkman1990, chris, chrisdafur, DE88, ethanjbrady, fanoftv, Former Member 406, insert_good_username_here, Ma76, Milkshake

I've only seen some of the CBBC presentation but it is a massive improvement over 2016's package. Definitely some inspiration from Curve and Three Hands coming on board into CBBC.

(15-03-2023, 01:20 PM)Josh Wrote:  I think it's a case of the 1997 rebrand again. The logos themselves look bland and boring but the personality of the brand is shown through the relevant presentation. They're definitely a big departure from the old branding but it works and it's visually pleasing.

It's nice to have a rebrand that feels like a rebrand, rather than a new logo stuck on some new footage.

That said with BBC News set to complete the rebranding from a presentation point of view at least next month the countdown is now on to see who breaks away from the corporate layout first.
[-] The following 7 users Like Brekkie's post:
  • bkman1990, insert_good_username_here, Jeff, Josh, Ma76, Roger Darthwell, UTVLifer

(15-03-2023, 01:20 PM)Josh Wrote:  I think it's a case of the 1997 rebrand again. The logos themselves look bland and boring but the personality of the brand is shown through the relevant presentation. They're definitely a big departure from the old branding but it works and it's visually pleasing.

Thing about the 1997 rebrand though is that the logos back then were indeed bland and boring......but they actually looked good and timeless.......unlike these ones