Freeview News

I can't see BBC Four or CBeebies HD coming back until the improvement works to ensure the BBC One English regions are able to go on PSB3.

(01-08-2022, 09:28 PM)London Lite Wrote:  I can't see BBC Four or CBeebies HD coming back until the improvement works to ensure the BBC One English regions are able to go on PSB3.

Yes - I wonder what exactly is going on there? They were initially planned to return almost immediately, then something changed. Hopefully they're not gone for too much longer because it's a big disparity for Freeview users.
[-] The following 1 user Likes IanJRedman's post:
  • Ma76

Moz Wrote:Oh OK. I'm sure we used to get it. We're right on the border though.

Try channel 110 for Channel Four HD if you're watching a Welsh transmitter. It all got moved about as part of the swap round when the COM7 mux closed.

When I initially looked at the list I only saw that it wasn't on 104 in Wales. Sorry.

This list is a usefull resource if you're looking to see what's available where:

www.freeview.co.uk 

Nick Harvey
Carbuncle Corner - The Monstrous Lump on the World Wide Web

(01-08-2022, 10:06 PM)IanJRedman Wrote:  
(01-08-2022, 09:28 PM)London Lite Wrote:  I can't see BBC Four or CBeebies HD coming back until the improvement works to ensure the BBC One English regions are able to go on PSB3.

Yes - I wonder what exactly is going on there? They were initially planned to return almost immediately, then something changed. Hopefully they're not gone for too much longer because it's a big disparity for Freeview users.

Hopefully they are back by November/December. (October is the month that the BBC One English regions should be going on DTT & DSat, right?)

I thought that BBC One HD English Regions launching had been pushed back to "early 2023" at some point after the original "by the end of 2022" announcement?
[-] The following 1 user Likes Former Member 406's post:
  • London Lite

Not much fanfare for the reappearance of BBC Four HD and CBeebies HD on Freeeview today, after an absence of just over two months.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Clean Feed's post:
  • Ma76

This seems to have gone under the radar (unless I've missed something) but Talking Pictures TV now has its on demand service Encore available on the red button on the channel and it works very well. I wonder if it will eventually be added to the Freeview Play menu.
[-] The following 2 users Like gottago's post:
  • London Lite, Ma76

PBS America catch up now added to the Freeview Play carousel. Any unbolded text within the app is quite hard to read on my TV however.

Digital UK, the consortium around managing Freeview and now Freesat, has rebranded and renamed into "Everyone TV".

www.everyonetv.co.uk 

(27-01-2023, 02:28 AM)Allanbuzzy Wrote:  Digital UK, the consortium around managing Freeview and now Freesat, has rebranded and renamed into "Everyone TV".
Digital UK has never really been an identity that the public recognise. Freeview and Freesat are the brands people know and use.  I doubt anyone outside the industry is remotely interested in the over-arching management structure or name.

This sounds similar to when the Orange/T-Mobile operations in the UK merged, called themselves 'Everything, Everywhere', then changed it later to EE because people didn't resonate with the original invention as a meaningful brand.