Talk TV

Still on Sky 522 EPG until the end of the first hour of Kevin O'Sullivan's show on Tuesday. From 8pm it's just 'programmes no longer available'.

Talk TV are still advertising programmes that do not exist anymore. Cross Talk with Kevin O'Sullivan & Alex Phillips Weekdays at 1pm was promoted after Trisha finished her programme.

On my Freeview EPG the Talk TV listings, with the radio schedule, continue forever as long as the listings last (which is about 7 days in the future).

Oddly the local channel here (which carries Talk) has dropped off the channel line up totally, I'm in fringe reception of it but usually channels stay there until I rescan (I still have CITV!).

During The Late Night Phone In with Andre & Danielle last night, quite a few people were ringing asking how they were able to keep watching and that they hadn't broadband, a mobile phone or a smart TV. Which is fair enough, not everyone has these things. For those who have smart TVs, I did not hear them promote Talk's new streaming channel 294 on Freeview as a way of continuing watching. My TV has already found this IP channel automatically and I'll switch it's place to 237 and then everything will carry on as normal. This is probably the easiest way to view.

The Talk TV website appears to have had all of its content wiped, including the Piers Morgan stuff and all the clips / news.

TalkTV now has officially rebranded onscreen to Talk. Is today its last day on linear TV or was it yesterday? Also, it'll be interesting to see if Piers Morgan Uncensored returns to the Talk brand after today.

Although it's been rebranded as Talk, the X/Twitter handle is still @TalkTV. It used to be @talkRADIO, but I see the logical @talk already exists with another user, although people are tagging it in comments!

Surely that will be quietly cancelled when contracts expire. I suspect now it was pulled early to distance Piers slightly from the channel closing.

(29-04-2024, 01:58 PM)callumwatchestelly Wrote:  TalkTV now has officially rebranded onscreen to Talk. Is today its last day on linear TV or was it yesterday? Also, it'll be interesting to see if Piers Morgan Uncensored returns to the Talk brand after today.

It comes off Freeview/Sky after tomorrow, and no it won't. Piers isn't part of that brand any longer.

It is shame that Talk is coming off Freeview, Freesat & Sky just when it seems to have become much more approachable and friendlier back in the radio studio, talking to real people, restoring it to how it used to be. Talk does provide a viable alternative to GB News and it's going off the TV just as it's become good again.

This is a Proactively Moderated Thread