Talk TV

The change from 'TALK TV' to just 'TALK' happened at about 5:02am. There was a long promo of clips of Talk TV's former programmes followed by a Talk TV ident. Then cut to James Max in the studio too early followed by a programme title sting which cut back to the studio briefly half way through and an odd wed page cut to air.

Very messy, it's on YouTube but can't be linked to from here.

Oh Scott Bryan to the rescue. Here's the start

twitter.com 
[-] The following 1 user Likes Stooky Bill's post:
  • UTVLifer

I like the way they have created the new programme title sequences/logos using the branding of the former shows that were in the linear format. Quite a smart use of existing assets.
[-] The following 1 user Likes radiorebel's post:
  • DeMarkay

The new jingles for Talk are an abomination.
[-] The following 2 users Like radio listener's post:
  • callumwatchestelly, telleyhead

(25-04-2024, 12:25 AM)Jon Wrote:  The money was probably worth it though and possible that she made enough to make it worth her while and she might not need to do much work for a while. I’m sure she’ll pop up somewhere else at some point but maybe not as a high profile as Radio 2.

Yeah she was nearly on double her old BBC salary. 700k v 400k.

(29-04-2024, 08:27 PM)Stooky Bill Wrote:  The change from 'TALK TV' to just 'TALK' happened at about 5:02am. There was a long promo of clips of Talk TV's former programmes followed by a Talk TV ident. Then cut to James Max in the studio too early followed by a programme title sting which cut back to the studio briefly half way through and an odd wed page cut to air.

Very messy, it's on YouTube but can't be linked to from here.

Talk still broadcasting on Freesat.
At the moment they are on a DTL to a Royal Correspondent in Hollywood, telling us about King Charles on a visit in the UK...

(30-04-2024, 09:18 AM)radiorebel Wrote:  I like the way they have created the new programme title sequences/logos using the branding of the former shows that were in the linear format. Quite a smart use of existing assets.

The Morning Glory one is bloody awful

I'm hearing the channel ended tonight earlier than planned, So it went off just before 7pm with with Jeremy Kyle at 6.55 saying Kevin O' Sullivan was next, that was it?

Caption up on screen just before 11pm saying "TalkTV is no longer broadcasting on this channel. The Home of Common Sense has moved to channel 294. Visit Talk.TV to find out more or listen via DAB+ and Smart Speaker."

The sound is still working though and if you flick channels back and forth, the live picture returns.

Oh, I tuned in at about 10 last night and saw the caption appear and thought I'd caught the end of the channel. Late on I saw it had gone and then reappear. Hadn't realised it was a caption generated in my TV, it looked too good to be an MHEG caption.

I did rewind and record what I thought was the big moment, but seems it wasn't now
[-] The following 1 user Likes Stooky Bill's post:
  • Juicy Joe

This is a Proactively Moderated Thread