Talk TV

(29-09-2022, 05:29 PM)bilky asko Wrote:  Didn't they use the services of the Fox News graphics department last time round? Perhaps it'll look slightly less American in motion this time round.

The straps were designed by the Fox News graphics department (officially known as the Media Production Group), but other elements of the OSP were designed by Jump. The straps are clearly identical to those of the Fox News networks (specially those of Fox Weather), and from the outset it was clear that department (led by creative services director Agostino Amato) was involved on that element of the graphics package. Here's a quick comparison:

[Image: Captura%20de%20Pantalla%202022-09-29%20a..._53_53.png]

Speaking of the opens, they are certainly very much in line with the overall OSP, but they are less "corporate" in the sense they aren't nearly identical (barring the Piers Morgan opener, which is very much standalone).
[-] The following 1 user Likes Medianext.MX's post:
  • bilky asko

I hope the music from The News Desk survives in some form. Will be a shame to lose this show although I imagine First Edition won’t be a million miles away from what it is now.

Talk TV on Virgin Media is moving to 606 on Wednesday.

(03-10-2022, 04:35 PM)CATV Wrote:  As of tonight there will be no more live overnight shows on TalkTV.

Instead they will repeat the evening line up through the night on TalkTV and put TalkSport on TalkRadio through the night.

I could see that as a way of cost cutting, but it's just a radio simulcast with camera's in the studio!  What's to be saved here?  I frankly can't see any benefit from it, other than trying to preserve radio adverting income other than television income.  Maybe that is it?

(04-10-2022, 01:00 AM)JayCasey Wrote:  
(03-10-2022, 04:35 PM)CATV Wrote:  As of tonight there will be no more live overnight shows on TalkTV.

Instead they will repeat the evening line up through the night on TalkTV and put TalkSport on TalkRadio through the night.

I could see that as a way of cost cutting, but it's just a radio simulcast with camera's in the studio!  What's to be saved here?  I frankly can't see any benefit from it, other than trying to preserve radio adverting income other than television income.  Maybe that is it?

The overnight shows come from the talkSPORT studio from tonight which I don't think has a dedicated gallery.

Speech radio + tv isn't exactly the cheapest way of producing output and if only 5 people and their dog are watching/listening, they might as well shut up shop until 5am.

(04-10-2022, 01:05 AM)London Lite Wrote:  
(04-10-2022, 01:00 AM)JayCasey Wrote:  

The overnight shows come from the talkSPORT studio from tonight which I don't think has a dedicated gallery. 

Speech radio + tv isn't exactly the cheapest way of producing output and if only 5 people and their dog are watching/listening, they might as well shut up shop until 5am.

I get that @London Lite, but isn't that a marker of failure?

I’m not sure it’s a marker of failure to shut up shop overnight.

When TalkRadio started they were simulcasting TalkSport overnight. Then they moved Paul Ross there when he didn’t work on Breakfast, he went to TalkSport and they carried on with a new show and had then gone back to the simulcast (with Ross) then reintroduced their own show for the TV launch.

Less of a failure and probably just more of an easy win in terms of cutting something.

But I think radio listening does win here. As they get a Radio hour back at 11pm & still have an overnight show.

It's all a failed project anyway, latest Piers ratings are in

twitter.com 

(04-10-2022, 11:26 AM)eyeTV Wrote:  It's all a failed project anyway, latest Piers ratings are in

twitter.com 

Dead in the water. I expect they'll limp on for another six months, or a year, before quietly pulling the plug. Well, either that or old man Murdoch will buy GB News. The market can barely sustain one shrill opinion channel - never mind two.

(04-10-2022, 10:59 AM)Ash101 Wrote:  I’m not sure it’s a marker of failure to shut up shop overnight.

When TalkRadio started they were simulcasting TalkSport overnight. Then they moved Paul Ross there when he didn’t work on Breakfast, he went to TalkSport and they carried on with a new show and had then gone back to the simulcast (with Ross) then reintroduced their own show for the TV launch.

Less of a failure and probably just more of an easy win in terms of cutting something.

But I think radio listening does win here. As they get a Radio hour back at 11pm & still have an overnight show.

I’m sure it makes business sense. Just a shame we’ve lost most of Petrie Hosken’s show. For me it was one of the best of its type….whatever that is.

(04-10-2022, 06:38 PM)Kojak Wrote:  
(04-10-2022, 11:26 AM)eyeTV Wrote:  It's all a failed project anyway, latest Piers ratings are in

twitter.com 

Dead in the water. I expect they'll limp on for another six months, or a year, before quietly pulling the plug. Well, either that or old man Murdoch will buy GB News. The market can barely sustain one shrill opinion channel - never mind two.

Hope that doesn’t happen.

Firstly, many who do sometimes watch GB News do so partly because it is NOT owned by Murdoch. He did this with the once excellent Today newspaper - bought it, wrecked it, closed it.

More importantly though, competition in the market is always better. I appreciate the market here is very small. Personally I’m no fan of Morgan, Kyle etc but I did think they’d bring in more viewers than they do, at least matching GB News. And The News Desk I thought was excellent - but nobody watched it so it’s being ditched. It doesn’t really make sense.

This is a Proactively Moderated Thread