Talk TV

BBC article on the move.
www.bbc.co.uk 

Wonder what the situation is with Local TV? Are the likes of Talk Birmingham and Talk Liverpool going to have to find a new network to carry or will they be the one broadcast outlet for the online Talk?

(05-03-2024, 02:41 PM)Stockland Hillman Wrote:  Not really.

The Ofcom rules will apply to the radio service, which remains linear and will be the backbone of the online service.

They can of course publish content that's NOT broadcast on the radio channel, and that would be outside of current regulations
Alright. Weren’t they just fined by OfCom or was that another station?

(05-03-2024, 12:59 PM)leewilliams Wrote:  Guido reporting Talk TV to close in its current linear form and move exclusively online - staff to be redeployed in the spring:

x.com 
Interesting in Scotts email he refers to PMU as being a seperate brand alongside Talk, Virgin, The Sun etc.

It gives Pier's move online seem a lot less of a loss for him, he's effectively been spun off into his own thing

They should just go back to using TalkRadio on the radio and TalkRadioTV for the online stream.
[-] The following 1 user Likes London Lite's post:
  • GlasgowCruiser

It reads to me like they'll still be from the TV studios live streaming during the day?
TalkToday is one of the only success stories of the whole thing, so I reckon that could continue online.

(05-03-2024, 03:51 PM)Stooky Bill Wrote:  BBC article on the move.
www.bbc.co.uk 

Wonder what the situation is with Local TV? Are the likes of Talk Birmingham and Talk Liverpool going to have to find a new network to carry or will they be the one broadcast outlet for the online Talk?
I wouldn't be surprised if GB News made a few phone calls to local TV once they got wind of it.

Formerly 'Charlie Wells' of TV Forum.

They really ought to return to exactly as it was in March 2022, a radio station with 2-3 hour shows like LBC and all of the radio presenters. Get rid of all of the on-screen talent brought in just for the TV element and have the likes of Mike, Julia, Ian, Kevin headlining on the daytime shows again.

(05-03-2024, 04:34 PM)Keith Wrote:  I wouldn't be surprised if GB News made a few phone calls to local TV once they got wind of it.
Presumanbly if they simulcast it they'd be subject to any fines for non-compliant content, so probably not worth the hassle.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Brekkie's post:
  • fatal paper cut

(05-03-2024, 04:34 PM)Keith Wrote:  I wouldn't be surprised if GB News made a few phone calls to local TV once they got wind of it.
I think it’s something that would actually a better fit for GB News, than it was for Talk. They could use some of the local reports from these channels to bolster their offering from their existing regional reporters. They could probably even scale back their own local operations and just use people already working for these channels.

They could basically keep their flagship shows on air and have something that looks like their own local news at 6pm on Freeview Channel 7 in those particular areas.

(05-03-2024, 04:06 PM)lepeterrr Wrote:  It reads to me like they'll still be from the TV studios live streaming during the day?
TalkToday is one of the only success stories of the whole thing, so I reckon that could continue online.
Difficult to know what they're planning, the email talks about 'linear' and 'streaming' as if they're totally different things. Then says about setting up a dept for short form content.

The radio station is continuing so presumably there will be something 24/7 live on both radio and the 'stream'
[-] The following 1 user Likes Stooky Bill's post:
  • UTVLifer

This is a Proactively Moderated Thread