Talk TV

I actually went for a 'TV and Studio Gallery' placement at TalkTV last year... if nothing else it made for an interesting day-long studio tour. I don't know if there will be much change in how TalkTV's studios operate without the live TV element, but feeling like I dodged a bullet here. Another sign of how the media industry is feeling a bit fragile right now.
[-] The following 1 user Likes M-CORP's post:
  • UTVLifer

(05-03-2024, 04:42 PM)GlasgowCruiser Wrote:  They really ought to return to exactly as it was in March 2022, a radio station with 2-3 hour shows like LBC and all of the radio presenters. Get rid of all of the on-screen talent brought in just for the TV element and have the likes of Mike, Julia, Ian, Kevin headlining on the daytime shows again.

If they drop Nicola Thorp, wonder if she'll go back into acting?

Noticed Zora Suleman is no longer presenting news bulletins- maybe she foresaw this like she did with RI:SE and got out quick.

(05-03-2024, 03:48 PM)Ash101 Wrote:  It's not a bad idea really, as it will decrease the money spent on the channel in an instant.

It does however mean some of the programming changes made at the end of last year are a bit pointless. TalkToday looks great on screen but isn't much to listen to on the radio. Plus Mike Graham will now be a bit redundant in the 8pm slot. Both Mike & JHB would be better use to a 'radio first' station in their old slots.

The Rosanna Lockwood 7pm show felt like an attempt to recreate The News Desk, which flopped worse than Eldorado.
[-] The following 3 users Like AndyB2008's post:
  • Pips2022, Stuart, UTVLifer

That Was The Woke That Was is not airing this weekend - the first of scaling back original programmes ahead of closure?

The Saturday edition has been replaced with another hour of the Andre/Danielle phone in, while the repeat at 1am on Monday morning has been replaced with The Royal Tea and Crime Suspect.

I'd forgotten Vanessa was on Talk until I saw a clip of her on a Channel 5 documentary. Wonder if she's regretting her move from the BBC now. Not that she's short of work elsewhere of course
[-] The following 1 user Likes Stooky Bill's post:
  • callumwatchestelly

(12-03-2024, 09:15 AM)Stooky Bill Wrote:  I'd forgotten Vanessa was on Talk until I saw a clip of her on a Channel 5 documentary. Wonder if she's regretting her move from the BBC now. Not that she's short of work elsewhere of course

A fat contract, plus she was on it as a radio show prior. I'm sure she's fine.

(12-03-2024, 07:58 PM)telleyhead Wrote:  A fat contract, plus she was on it as a radio show prior. I'm sure she's fine.

Wonder if she'll get the 3 hours of her show back if she stays at Talk?

She lost an hour in the schedule shake up after Talk Today launched. (Julia was moved to Ian Collins's afternoon slot, Ian got moved to 10pm, and Kevin O'Sullivan got the 3pm-5pm slot).

Notice Woke That Was is back on Saturday.

Ignore that ref That Was The Woke That Was- the EPG has updated for this Saturday and it's not airing now (was meant to air this Saturday). Instead it's the same shows that replaced it last week.

The rumoured "The Sun TV" rebrand has, in a very small way, manifested in the launch of a "The Sun" branded programme from the TalkTV studio. Presumibly broadcasting on TalkTV as well although I can't find any confirmation on that.

Makes you wonder what the TalkTV strategy actually is. Launching a new show without the TalkTV brand when "TalkTV" as a broadcast channel already has an expiration date. Will "The Sun TV" appear in it's place as a broadcast channel with a significantly cut-down crew? Is this one last roll of the dice? Difficult to see how Pier Morgan's show can sustain itself on Youtube, let alone something that would generate even less ever-green content like a weekly paper review show.

www.youtube.com 

(20-03-2024, 11:50 AM)Fish92 Wrote:  The rumoured "The Sun TV" rebrand has, in a very small way, manifested in the launch of a "The Sun" branded programme from the TalkTV studio. Presumibly broadcasting on TalkTV as well although I can't find any confirmation on that.

Makes you wonder what the TalkTV strategy actually is. Launching a new show without the TalkTV brand when "TalkTV" as a broadcast channel already has an expiration date. Will "The Sun TV" appear in it's place as a broadcast channel with a significantly cut-down crew? Is this one last roll of the dice? Difficult to see how Pier Morgan's show can sustain itself on Youtube, let alone something that would generate even less ever-green content like a weekly paper review show.

www.youtube.com 

Never Mind The Ballots is airing on TalkTV Thursday nights at 7pm, meaning Primetime (which has lost Rosanna Lockwood as presenter, with James Max presenting instead) is down to 3 days a week, given Friday is occupied by Mike Graham's show.

Andre Walker's show is back from what I can see.

This is a Proactively Moderated Thread