Talk TV

I have been told that the 26th of April is the last day from the TV studios.
[-] The following 7 users Like telleyhead's post:
  • callumwatchestelly, freeview87, interestednovice, Michael Wotton, radiorebel, TVFan, UTVLifer

Apparently the channel lost close to £90 million in its first two years of operation. No surprise that the funding would be pulled with such losses being unsustainable, however much you want such a platform to exist and succeed.

www.telegraph.co.uk 
[-] The following 1 user Likes RhysJR's post:
  • callumwatchestelly

(10-04-2024, 12:20 PM)telleyhead Wrote:  I have been told that the 26th of April is the last day from the TV studios.

Will the linear channel still run until early summer as Scott Taunton said in his statement?

(10-04-2024, 05:00 PM)RhysJR Wrote:  Apparently the channel lost close to £90 million in its first two years of operation. No surprise that the funding would be pulled with such losses being unsustainable, however much you want such a platform to exist and succeed.
For comparison GB News reported a loss of only £42M. Though that's apparently up 38%, and the total deficit since launch is £76M. Ref pressgazette.co.uk 

Formerly 'Charlie Wells' of TV Forum.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Keith's post:
  • interestednovice

(10-04-2024, 05:22 PM)derek500 Wrote:  Will the linear channel still run until early summer as Scott Taunton said in his statement?

I heard James Whale say on his show that it would be some time in May, but that was a few weeks ago. Andre Walker also mentioned in March it would be a couple of months.

Maybe it's being brought forward?

Is there any news yet about the new-look for Talk/new logo/new name, for when the linear channel closes?

Local TV have ditched their 'Talk' branding - at least online and on their socials.

uklocal.tv 

And in all the time they've been simulcasting Talk TV, they never actually adopted the brand on air.
[-] The following 1 user Likes lookoutwales's post:
  • interestednovice

It’s going off almost exactly on its two year anniversary, I’d assume so it matches up with contracts with Freeview and Sky to drop carriage. I’d expect them to drop it around the 26th.

I’ve been told it’ll be branded as just “Talk” so probably the same logo minus the TV text.
[-] The following 2 users Like telleyhead's post:
  • interestednovice, lepeterrr

Talk TV’s on screen logo has been updated to include an animation which shows a QR code, pointing viewers on how to watch the channel online. Also running promos focused on the new brand “Talk” moving online. The end is near.
[-] The following 5 users Like radiorebel's post:
  • callumwatchestelly, interestednovice, Michael Wotton, MLehon, UTVLifer

(19-04-2024, 09:25 AM)radiorebel Wrote:  Talk TV’s on screen logo has been updated to include an animation which shows a QR code, pointing viewers on how to watch the channel online. Also running promos focused on the new brand “Talk” moving online. The end is near.

That's if you can get your phone to scan the QR code, which, if you're watching on Freeview, I'd say that was impossible. I've tried scanning it on the TalkTV app in HD & again, no success.

This is a Proactively Moderated Thread