Talk TV

The channel will move out of its TV studios for its daytime programming on Friday 26th April, and the channel is expected to cease as a linear channel on Tuesday 30th April.

Source: www.tvzoneuk.com 

Apparently Vanessa Feltz has been let go by Talk TV just before the relaunch next week.
[-] The following 1 user Likes London Lite's post:
  • UTVLifer

Not hugely surprising - they weren't really a good fit for each other and I suspect she's at the higher end of the pay scale.

As expected, schedule changes for next week have been announced.

Pretty much identical to the schedule before the TV station launched, with the only differences being Julia Hartley-Brewer and Mike Graham in each other's respective slots.

www.news.co.uk 
[-] The following 2 users Like TVViewer256's post:
  • GlasgowCruiser, MLehon

So presumably this means the video stream is back to filming the radio output? Will they bother with in vision news / weather? I can't remember what they were doing pre Talk TV.

Is the studio being retained for Piers Morgan & political interviews?

Good move by the head bosses at Talk. They alienated a lot of people with changes made towards the end of last year. Returning to a schedule that is tried and tested with presenters the audience actually like should hopefully bring the station back on track.

A coming soon message has appeared on Freeview 294. The channel is labelled TalkTV and has EPG data.

Presumably this is an IP channel.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Jerrykeshton's post:
  • callumwatchestelly

(23-04-2024, 07:27 PM)London Lite Wrote:  Apparently Vanessa Feltz has been let go by Talk TV just before the relaunch next week.
As I said on here last month, she must be regretting the move to Talk. She has from having several fairly high profile radio shows to one barely watched TV show, to one reduced length TV show to nothing at all in under 2 years.

I know she's got a few other gigs like the occasional appearance on This Morning (which I've not seen her on for a while) but still a bit of a come down for someone who was everywhere a couple of years ago

pres.cafe 

(24-04-2024, 12:47 PM)eyeTV Wrote:  So presumably this means the video stream is back to filming the radio output? Will they bother with in vision news / weather? I can't remember what they were doing pre Talk TV.

As was stated in the email to their staff when the closure was announced, the TV studios will be used by all their brands - Talk, Piers Morgan, Virgin Radio, Times Radio, The Sun etc.

The Sun have already put out content from one of the studios.

(24-04-2024, 12:47 PM)eyeTV Wrote:  So presumably this means the video stream is back to filming the radio output? Will they bother with in vision news / weather? I can't remember what they were doing pre Talk TV.

I believe the tv studios will be continued to be used for pre-records for other News UK brands, such as The Sun's Never Mind the Ballots.

Ian Collins earlier was already using the new dual brand "Talk" which is being introduced from Monday.
[-] The following 1 user Likes London Lite's post:
  • UTVLifer

This is a Proactively Moderated Thread