Points of View

twitter.com 

I had no idea POV was still running. I don’t think I’ve seen it since the Anne Robinson days.
[-] The following 1 user Likes JamesWorldNews's post:
  • TJTSW

To be honest I was surprised too, didnt think much of it, just seems a time filler for a few programmes they wanted to talk about.
but i guess its the first in the series so might pick up pace now people know its back on

Is this the first series where Tina Daheley’s been on screen? I know she was only in voice over when she first took over.
[-] The following 2 users Like Jon's post:
  • Former Member 406, TJTSW

(30-04-2023, 02:47 PM)Jon Wrote:  Is this the first series where Tina Daheley’s been on screen? I know she was only in voice over when she first took over.

She was definitely in vision last year. Popping up in various positions across BH.

Find me on Twitter: @alfiejmulcahy

Interesting that they've gone back to recording in vision in New Broadcasting House. Is it still a BBC Northern Ireland production? Always thought it a bit odd that it was but was recorded in London.

[Image: 1592580878_1869298444.svg]

(30-04-2023, 02:43 PM)TJTSW Wrote:  To be  honest I was surprised too, didnt think much of it, just seems a time filler for a few programmes they wanted to talk about. 
but i guess its the first in the series so might pick up pace now people know its back on

It only seems to air for 20 weeks a year, so is off more than it’s on

And often it’s positive programme promo, going behind the scenes/promoting something that is on, rather than opinions/complaints etc
[-] The following 1 user Likes Andrew's post:
  • TJTSW

(30-04-2023, 08:28 PM)VMPhil Wrote:  Interesting that they've gone back to recording in vision in New Broadcasting House. Is it still a BBC Northern Ireland production? Always thought it a bit odd that it was but was recorded in London.
It’s made by Glasgow now but I think most episodes are filmed in Salford and NBH.

(30-04-2023, 08:28 PM)VMPhil Wrote:  Interesting that they've gone back to recording in vision in New Broadcasting House. Is it still a BBC Northern Ireland production? Always thought it a bit odd that it was but was recorded in London.
Used to be a BBC Birmingham production in the Terry Wogan and early Jeremy Vine days- was still made in London even then.
[-] The following 1 user Likes James2001's post:
  • Ma76

PoV has always been regarded as a filler. Even in its heyday of the Barry Took/Anne Robinson era its main function was to fill up an hour after American imports so that the news was on time.

I don't know if there even is a point (pun kind of intended) to PoV anymore. I mean nowadays people can use social media or stuff like a TV guide magazine to get their thoughts across about shows, and I don't know who's going to make time out of their day to watch it every weekend.