UKTV to become 'U'

(26-03-2024, 11:59 PM)dbl Wrote:  Transitional and intentional..not too long til you start seeing references of U
I still honestly don't see where they're heading with this. Why would you intentionally trash your own brand?

The change from the original UK x, to UKTV x, then to individual subject focused channel names all demonstrated a clear marketing strategy. They're all clearly stamped with a UKTV DOG at regular intervals.

'U-Yesterday', 'U-W' or 'U-Dave' just all sound dreadful. Was someone on a controlled substance when they signed off on this idea? Confused
[-] The following 7 users Like Stuart's post:
  • callumwatchestelly, chaose, DeMarkay, IanJRedman, interestednovice, Jeff, Ma76

(27-03-2024, 01:07 AM)Stuart Wrote:  I still honestly don't see where they're heading with this. Why would you intentionally trash your own brand?

The change from the original UK x, to UKTV x, then to individual subject focused channel names all demonstrated a clear marketing strategy. They're all clearly stamped with a UKTV DOG at regular intervals.

'U-Yesterday', 'U-W' or 'U-Dave' just all sound dreadful. Was someone on a controlled substance when they signed off on this idea? Confused

Get ready for the press release in 18 months time explaining why they're dropping the "U" brand from the channel names and how it's the best idea ever and definitely not a "U-turn" (pardon the pun...)

[Image: 1592580878_1869298444.svg]
[-] The following 9 users Like VMPhil's post:
  • Allanbuzzy, Brekkie, callumwatchestelly, giiiuls, interestednovice, Jeff, Ma76, Stuart, Tola

(07-02-2024, 07:27 PM)JMT1985 Wrote:  Feels like an idea dreamt up by some young PR worker who was persuaded his boss to take it seriously

And would have eventually posted their entire portfolio in the gallery on the old blue place.

Good job there isn't a channel called 'F' in this family of channels.
[-] The following 4 users Like JasonB's post:
  • bax, callumwatchestelly, interestednovice, Stuart

Noticed on my Roku box, the icon on the home screen has changed to the red UKTV Play logo and the app has a new look (but the logo in the app itself is still the blue one).

Can't say I've used the app enough to know what it looked like previously.

And we've pretty much got to the point where all streaming apps somewhat look the same.
[-] The following 2 users Like Brekkie's post:
  • callumwatchestelly, DeMarkay

Drama has 2 new ident additions..

i.imgur.com 

i.imgur.com 
[-] The following 3 users Like dbl's post:
  • London Lite, Michael 18, Si-Co

Seems a bit odd to add idents if they're weeks away from a rebrand, even if the same idents remain. Didn't they have an ident they had to pull due to news events at the time - did it ever appear?

(17-04-2024, 12:49 PM)Brekkie Wrote:  Seems a bit odd to add idents if they're weeks away from a rebrand, even if the same idents remain. Didn't they have an ident they had to pull due to news events at the time - did it ever appear?

You've answered your question 😉 But 'Battlefield' was just unfortunate timing, it's just rested at the moment.
[-] The following 1 user Likes dbl's post:
  • callumwatchestelly

(17-04-2024, 02:24 PM)dbl Wrote:  You've answered your question 😉  But 'Battlefield' was just unfortunate timing, it's just rested at the moment.
If I can remember, W (back when it was still a pay TV channel) opted not to air the main idents (the 2 idents which featured block of flats and fire emergency) when Grenfell Tower in London was in the news in 2017, and went with the alternate ident with the city, pier and mountain lake during the day.