Channel 4 Pres: 2023 - Present

Then if Channel 4 are launching new idents, then does that mean the digital channels (E4, Film4 etc) are launching new idents tonight as well?

(14-06-2023, 09:16 AM)TVenthusiasm Wrote:  Then if Channel 4 are launching new idents, then does that mean the digital channels (E4, Film4 etc) are launching new idents tonight as well?

That's something to keep an eye on. I do wonder if the News is getting the new green 4 as well? Cos that bright green isn't really a newsy colour compared to the dark purple.

The new idents launch tonight at 18:55 with a five minute film.

www.youtube.com 

www.channel4.com 

Quote:Channel 4 today unveils a new series of idents which authentically reflect life in modern Britain.

Created by Channel 4’s multi-award-winning in-house creative agency 4creative in collaboration with Art Practice and Love Song, the five new idents feature scenes including an urban fox taking refuge in a decaying telephone box, a group of teenagers on the last day of school, a frozen moment of a Friday night and a celebration of Zoroastrian New Year. The 25 unique looping scenes create a tapestry of modern British society today as seen through the eyes of a diverse group of 17 independent creatives, artists, and filmmakers.

Following the broadcaster’s brand transformation, the idents draw on the concept of ‘4’ as a traveller which acts as a companion for viewers through limitless worlds of content. The iconic Channel 4 logo is the central axis of each film as the camera continually loops through the logo itself to show thought-provoking and dramatic scenes that form a part of Channel 4’s ‘Altogether Different’ reflection of the UK.

Consisting of a combination of live-action, animated and full CG (computer generated) films, the scenes were developed from an open brief that invited the creators to interpret one of five themes: Identity, The Land, System, Release and Love. Culminating in over 500 initial ideas, the brief encouraged diversity of expression within a system that allows for endless creative outcomes – all unified by the consistent camera move, the cube motif and the Channel 4 logo.

Great concept, brilliantly executed by the looks of it
[-] The following 4 users Like Kunst's post:
  • Former Member 406, Si-Co, Transmission, UTVLifer

They actually look really nice!
Really unique concept with making the blocks part of each scene.

I feel silly for ever doubting them. It’s gone from having a very confusing rollout to being the best bit of pres we’ve gotten in years - that film has really blown me away. Feels like it might be a really lovely true successor to the 2004 package - I’m very pleased.

(14-06-2023, 10:25 AM)Omnipresent Wrote:  The new idents launch tonight at 18:55 with a five minute film.

www.youtube.com 

www.channel4.com 

So many excellent bits in there - the elephant with no C4 logo being the literal elephant in the room is brilliant for my money.

(14-06-2023, 10:25 AM)Omnipresent Wrote:  The new idents launch tonight at 18:55 with a five minute film.

www.youtube.com 

www.channel4.com 

Just wow. Incredible.
[-] The following 2 users Like Jsnbts's post:
  • Edogawa Ranpo, Kunst

www.youtube.com 

www.channel4.com 

I have literally no words on how blown away I am, this is one of the greatest ident packages that I have ever seen! I am going to miss the giant 4 of course, but I do feel these are worthy successors!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Roger Darthwell's post:
  • Superman1986

Quote:...the brief encouraged diversity of expression within a system that allows for endless creative outcomes – all unified by the consistent camera move, the cube motif and the Channel 4 logo.

The concept is so simple yet it presents limitless possibilities. Can't wait to see where Channel 4 takes the concept because the set of idents/scenes featured in the film are stunning.
[-] The following 6 users Like Jeff's post:
  • benzj, Edogawa Ranpo, insert_good_username_here, Kunst, orange, UTVLifer