Channel 4 Pres: 2023 - Present

The only new programme on tonight is at 8pm Could we see new idents at that point?

(03-05-2023, 10:50 AM)rick Wrote:  The "Stream now, or watch live" phrasing is a bit clunky, especially when you haven't given a name for the service you want people to stream on and think just calling it the same name as the main TV channel is a sensible idea.

It does make sense for the main channel - programmes are on Channel 4, the platform is irrelevant. It doesn't have a different name on Freeview or Virgin so why should it in the non linear world too? 

For the other brands it's a little trickier, but the idea is to make them look closer to the main channel.

My problem is use of 'watch live'.... most the programmes aren't live. I suppose 'watch when we decide to put it out' is a bit of a mouthful. But this is a new world to get used to

'Stream weekly, watch live <day> <time> interesting approach... (not a negative comment)

New green version of the generic ident just aired before the News, with a new version of the music.

Updated ident:

theident.gallery 

[Image: tig96x96.png]
[-] The following 2 users Like Andrew Wood's post:
  • bkman1990, TVFan

The new mnemonic is much more prominent on this one - very cool.
[-] The following 2 users Like Lyric's post:
  • bkman1990, UTVLifer

(03-05-2023, 07:08 PM)Andrew Wood Wrote:  Updated ident:

theident.gallery 
I hope the new idents are more than just this attempt, surely?

The 4 note jingle is good. No more Fourscore.

It is acceptable, but with the new Channel 4 trailers now incorporating this coloured box logo, maybe this is indeed the final finished product? I doubt it - where's the creative, daring, imaginative idents Channel 4 are famed for?

Or are we going to be drip fed this new-look? (but hopefully quicker than the BBC Chameleon branding!  Big Grin. )
[-] The following 5 users Like Juicy Joe's post:
  • bkman1990, insert_good_username_here, Spencer, Tola, UTVLifer

I doubt it, its clear the idents are not an afterthought in a large package to highlight streaming service.
[-] The following 5 users Like Milkshake's post:
  • bkman1990, GeeTeeKay474, insert_good_username_here, Juicy Joe, Quantum+83

Can't help but think the new mnemonic sounds like a train announcement bell.

What does that say about a channel if it scares fish? Just talk me through that.
[-] The following 6 users Like Josh's post:
  • Bengsy, bkman1990, GeeTeeKay474, insert_good_username_here, orange, Quantum+83

(03-05-2023, 03:59 PM)Edogawa Ranpo Wrote:  
(03-05-2023, 03:43 PM)W. Knight Wrote:  The white 4 contrasts better with the vibrant background TBH. Either the 4 moves in a gradient then turns into green on a plain background, or vice versa.

There seems to be a new font for the channel as well - a mix of Amica Pro and BR Firma (the 'u')  after going through What the Font. Not sure if that's as distinctive as their current font.

I think it's their current font still being used actually. 4 Text and 4 Headline are still their main fonts.
It's the custom made Chadwick font which was first used in 2015.