Nickelodeon 2023 Rebrand Thread

The US TeenNick and NickToons are finally updated to the splat.
www.youtube.com 

www.youtube.com 

Some continuity clips during the holidays on Nick 90's Kids, their Pluto TV channel since October.
www.youtube.com 

Watch this space...
WestKnightTV - on DeviantArt
[-] The following 1 user Likes W. Knight's post:
  • interestednovice

(01-01-2024, 03:58 PM)W. Knight Wrote:  Some continuity clips during the holidays on Nick 90's Kids, their Pluto TV channel since October.
www.youtube.com 

I know it’s pedantic, but I wonder how the incorrect “90’s” got so prominently to screen without anyone in the chain noticing the use of the apostrophe is wrong? Seems a really sloppy mistake to make.

(09-01-2024, 07:43 AM)Flux Wrote:  I know it’s pedantic, but I wonder how the incorrect “90’s” got so prominently to screen without anyone in the chain noticing the use of the apostrophe is wrong? Seems a really sloppy mistake to make.

I think I'd be more concerned about the use of the word "streaming" in that sting, as it seems to imply the concept is older than it actually is.

And there's plenty of places and other sources that put an apostrophe in a place like that of the back of a quick Google Images search. Even when the BBC were doing their "I love the..." decade series, they put an apostrophe in it... at the other end of the two digit, so you had "I love '91" or similar.

(09-01-2024, 08:43 AM)Neil Jones Wrote:  I think I'd be more concerned about the use of the word "streaming" in that sting, as it seems to imply the concept is older than it actually is.

And there's plenty of places and other sources that put an apostrophe in a place like that of the back of a quick Google Images search. Even when the BBC were doing their "I love the..." decade series, they put an apostrophe in it... at the other end of the two digit, so you had "I love '91" or similar.

The apostrophe at the other end is correct, though. It signifies something is missing (i.e. The “19” of ‘91). Placing it after the digits (“90’s”) doesn’t make any sense - not even in American English! - which is why I’m surprised it’s so prominent in a package which must have gone through a large amount of signoff.

(09-01-2024, 10:36 AM)Flux Wrote:  The apostrophe at the other end is correct, though. It signifies something is missing (i.e. The “19” of ‘91). Placing it after the digits (“90’s”) doesn’t make any sense - not even in American English! - which is why I’m surprised it’s so prominent in a package which must have gone through a large amount of signoff.
The amount of people not "knowing" their language is astonishing high, even in the media

I'm Italian, and when translating from English, some people do an awful job by bringing English grammatical/morphological structures into Italian, which at times become popular

Nick Jr's rebrand is now spreading to Europe, with Nickelodeon Junior in France being one of the first to switch the new logo.
www.youtube.com 

Also Nick Jr and Nick Jr Too here in the UK are expected to receive the new look any time this month.
www.youtube.com 

www.youtube.com 
[-] The following 2 users Like Edogawa Ranpo's post:
  • BBCChameleonFan, interestednovice

The Global feed of Nick Jr now has the new logo and branding.
Here's an example of continuity from the Norwegian version of the Global feed.
www.youtube.com 

Nick Jr UK and Nick Jr Too are yet to receive the new look, but it could be imminent as it's half-term week.
[-] The following 2 users Like Edogawa Ranpo's post:
  • BBCChameleonFan, interestednovice

A look at Nick Jr's new look in the Netherlands.
www.youtube.com 

(11-02-2024, 12:48 PM)Edogawa Ranpo Wrote:  A look at Nick Jr's new look in the Netherlands.
www.youtube.com 
Which is exactly like the Nick Jr Global/Nick Jr Commercial / Nick Jr Commercial Light / Nickelodeon Junior France continuities, all controlled by the same team

Looks like Nick Jr and Nick Jr Too are transitioning to the new look in terms of promos and bumpers, but no DOG change or breakbumper change yet.
www.youtube.com