Nickelodeon 2023 Rebrand Thread

(22-06-2023, 04:39 PM)JasonB Wrote:  Did we ever get Nick at Nite in the UK before Paramount arrived?
Around 2016 there was UK version of Nick at Nite which primarily aired Dan Schneider's Greatest Hits (Drake and Josh, Victorious, iCarly, Sam & Cat) nothing like the US version they continued Nick at Nite UK up until 2019 when it was silently dropped.

(22-06-2023, 03:55 PM)faizkizlan Wrote:  Actually the second time Nick@Nite on Australian TV. Back in the 90s, Nickelodeon Australia used to timeshare with Nick@Nite too, their programming lineup was similiar to American counterpart by showing classic programmes. It was dropped in 2000 after Nickelodeon itself extending its broadcast hours, moving its content to TV1 (a full-time subscription TV channel also showing classic programmes, a partnership between Sony Pictures, Viacom, and NBCUniversal, the channel ceased in 2013 being replaced by an in-house channel from Foxtel, TVH!TS).

We don't know what will happen to the current pay-TV version of Nickelodeon after August 1st.
I can see it converting to a sister station. Does Australia have Nicktoons?

(22-06-2023, 04:39 PM)JasonB Wrote:  Did we ever get Nick at Nite in the UK before Paramount arrived?

I think we did. It was 2016 when it launched, and it closed down in 2019.

(22-06-2023, 04:36 PM)JamieMurph25 Wrote:  So with the main Nickelodeon channel moving to free-to-air in Australia, what will happen to the version on pay TV platforms like Foxtel? Turning it into a localised version of TeenNick?

It's closing on Foxtel.

No we did not. Like the promised WBTV channel of 1996, it was promoted as something that was going to happen, but never did. I believed the space after Nickelodeon was pretty much vacant until The Paramount Channel arrived in 1995.

(22-06-2023, 05:03 PM)BBCChameleonFan Wrote:  I think we did. It was 2016 when it launched, and it closed down in 2019.

This strand on the UK channel was Nick at Nite in name only. The programmes were no different to daytime Nickelodeon.

The original UK version of Nick at Nite that was expected to launch in 1994 was scrapped and eventually Paramount launched instead.

Didn't they show Neighbours as part of Nick at Nite when it "launched" over here?

But otherwise, yeah it was Nick at Nite in name only; it was just the same old programming under the new banner.

Although it was ironic really because Nickelodeon UK had already shown some of the Nick at Nite original programming out of context before they launched that strand. So you had Wendell and Vinnie, See Dad Run and I think Instant Mom has been shown as well as part of regular Nick UK programming.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Neil Jones's post:
  • Gary Baldy

(22-06-2023, 03:55 PM)faizkizlan Wrote:  Actually the second time Nick@Nite on Australian TV. Back in the 90s, Nickelodeon Australia used to timeshare with Nick@Nite too, their programming lineup was similiar to American counterpart by showing classic programmes. It was dropped in 2000 after Nickelodeon itself extending its broadcast hours, moving its content to TV1 (a full-time subscription TV channel also showing classic programmes, a partnership between Sony Pictures, Viacom, and NBCUniversal, the channel ceased in 2013 being replaced by an in-house channel from Foxtel, TVH!TS).

We don't know what will happen to the current pay-TV version of Nickelodeon after August 1st.
Perhaps the current nickelodeon channel could be relaunched as nicktoons, like how cartoon network rebranded to boomerang in canada when teletoon rebranded as cartoon network.

(22-06-2023, 05:13 PM)Brekkie Wrote:  It's closing on Foxtel.

It makes sense.

I couild see a similar move with the Super! channel in Italy, which is FTA and controlled by Paramount in Italy.

It's immensely more popular than 10Shake (although less popular than Boing), but overall, keeping both Nickelodeon brands (Nickelodeon Italy and Nick jr Italy) may be silly for them, and they might choose to make the same Australian move in Italy.

(22-06-2023, 09:33 PM)Neil Jones Wrote:  Didn't they show Neighbours as part of Nick at Nite when it "launched" over here?
Yeah, they did. Here's the promo!  Big Grin