Nickelodeon 2023 Rebrand Thread

I also remember seeing Malcolm in the Middle on Nick at Nite in 2018. I don't think it was on there for long but I did catch one episode that had some language you probably wouldn't see on Nickelodeon in the daytime.

www.nickalive.net 

Yep. You were correct.

Presumably even if showing more adult content a childrens channel in the UK would be subject to the same ad rules at night as during the day - i.e. no central breaks in shows 30 minutes long, but in 31 minute shows that's absolutely fine!

If that is the case then any channel in the UK looking to cater for kids during the day and an older audience at night is probably better off having a kids strand on an adult channel rather than vice versa.

Indeed considering some of the content on Gogglebox UK having that on Nickelodeon in Australia seems a bit off. One thing Aussie Freeview doesn't seem to like though is timeshare channels, so ABC Kids and ABC TV Plus (previously ABC2) appear as one channel on their EPG and one stream, rather than being split like CBeebies/CBBC and BBC3/4.

Nick@Nite in the UK in terms of scheduling has always been weird - We'd get Nick@Nite on from 7.00 to 12.00 midnight, then it'd just convert to Teleshopping for the next hour then it'd go back to normal Nick after.

(27-06-2023, 12:12 AM)plex Wrote:  Nick@Nite in the UK in terms of scheduling has always been weird - We'd get Nick@Nite on from 7.00 to 12.00 midnight, then it'd just convert to Teleshopping for the next hour then it'd go back to normal Nick after.

And it was very much aimed at teens with their programming like Zoey 101, Victorious, iCarly IIRC correctly. Nothing else “classic” or aimed towards an older market like they did with Nick Splat / Rewind over in the US.

It had already been proven by 2016 that archive/dated looking content rarely rates well over here, so it was hardy surprising Nick @ Nite UK was nothing like its American cousin and was basically the main network in new colours with a few different programmes.

By 2016 Nick@Nite was over 30 years old in the US and from what I've read its basically the same now as our Nick@Nite started as - an extension of the main Nickelodeon channel programme with some other more recent stuff that they happen to have rights to. Wouldn't be surprised if its one 24hr broadcast with Nite being a separate segment after is it 9pm ET?

They did use to air a lot of older stuff as well, which looks like its fallen by the wayside recently, but commercial networks always go after the ratings winners, and anything else is dumped. Which may be where the trend is.

Here's a question - when do you think Nick UK will get the rebrand? The 1st of July? Or after?

I saw a Big Nate promo on the channel and it uses the 2009 logo while claiming for the series to premiere on the 10th of July - maybe Nick UK isn't rebranding on the first of next month?

Summer half term, very very likely

It's the (possible?) last day of the 2017 rebrand. Farewell, You lived a long life.
[-] The following 2 users Like plex's post:
  • BBCChameleonFan, Roger Darthwell

(30-06-2023, 06:34 PM)plex Wrote:  It's the (possible?) last day of the 2017 rebrand. Farewell, You lived a long life.
I'm still thinking the summer holidays, but the 1st of July would be highly likely too, because a Saturday would seem like a day for certain channels to rebrand. Also that Big Nate promo with the old logo from 2009, well I predict there are 2 versions of the promo. One with the logo from 2009, and one with the splat logo that we have now, so maybe the 1st of July could be the day, and not the 15th or 17th of July.