Nickelodeon 2023 Rebrand Thread

Well, Nickelodeon has not rebranded, so I’m guessing it’s the Summer Holidays when Nickelodeon rebrands.

Nickelodeon in Israel rebranded yesterday, and the Italian version rebranded today!

Israel:
www.youtube.com 

Italy:
www.youtube.com 

www.youtube.com 

www.youtube.com 

www.youtube.com 

www.youtube.com 

www.youtube.com 

www.youtube.com 
[-] The following 3 users Like Edogawa Ranpo's post:
  • DiamondJoe2.0, giiiuls, Kunst

Well I can imagine for their 30th anniversary of their UK broadcast on the 1st September, they're planning something big, because when I checked the 28.2E satellite data (specifically, 11307H), this recently pop-up for an encrypted service titled "Nickelodeon Dual", which is about to start testing: www.digitalbitrate.com 
[-] The following 1 user Likes JamieMurph25's post:
  • insert_good_username_here

(07-07-2023, 12:14 AM)JamieMurph25 Wrote:  Well I can imagine for their 30th anniversary of their UK broadcast on the 1st September, they're planning something big, because when I checked the 28.2E satellite data (specifically, 11307H), this recently pop-up for an encrypted service titled "Nickelodeon Dual", which is about to start testing: www.digitalbitrate.com 

I think in this case, "Nickelodeon Dual" means dual audio, as it carries the English audio track and the audio description/narration track. en.kingofsat.net 

In the past 10 years or so, kids channels tend to rebrand when most schools close for the Summer in England and Wales (with the exception to POP which did its last rebrand on 1st September 2020), either on the Friday or Monday, so I think the rebrand will happen somewhere around Friday 21st July or Monday 24th July.
[-] The following 1 user Likes RegularCapital's post:
  • insert_good_username_here

Dual means dual illumination. It's a term used when a channel is changing transponder and is transmitting on both the original and new transponders.

It has recently started to be used on channel labels, when an identical version of a channel is testing on a new transponder.

In the case of Nickelodeon (SD), it is moving to the C5 transponder. Once the tests are complete it will be renamed to drop the "Dual" and the existing SD version will be removed.
[-] The following 2 users Like tmf9's post:
  • JamieMurph25, RegularCapital

(14-07-2023, 02:52 PM)tmf9 Wrote:  Dual means dual illumination. It's a term used when a channel is changing transponder and is transmitting on both the original and new transponders.

It has recently started to be used on channel labels, when an identical version of a channel is testing on a new transponder.

In the case of Nickelodeon (SD), it is moving to the C5 transponder. Once the tests are complete it will be renamed to drop the "Dual" and the existing SD version will be removed.

Thanks for the info, apparently the term was also used during the analogue to digital transition days, and it seems that FOX also used the term back when it existed. en.kingofsat.net 

Nick UK are now airing a promo featuring elements from the new rebrand.

www.youtube.com 

www.youtube.com 

Nick UK just teased their rebrand in a promo for Kamp Koral and Big Nate!

And we know who's behind the overall revamp thanks to It's Nice That: The LA-based studio Roger.
www.itsnicethat.com 

Quote:It appears that the Splat is no longer just confined to the Nickelodeon logo; Roger has created a circular grid system for a secondary set of splat shapes. A new Nickelodeon motion language has also been introduced. It mixes 3D and traditional cel animation, harking back to the channel’s classic animation style. The motion assets have been combined with bold typography which occasionally comes to life as 3D bubble letterforms itself. Roger chose ROC Grotesk for its “subtle irregularity” and paired it with Neue Plak.

Nickelodeon is well known for its signature orange brand colour; but Roger has introduced additional pairings of purples and pinks creating, bringing depth to the brighter idents.

“We aimed to infuse a sense of imagination and exploration into every deliverable and design choice in a quite literal sense, with elements reinventing themselves in real-time,” says Roger creative director Braden Wheeler. “It was a tightrope balance between eclectic and cohesive, but the modularity built into the system gives Nickelodeon the flexibility to play in their sandbox and build upon the brand for years to come as new IPs and initiatives are introduced. Flexibility was always at the forefront of our thinking.”
(05-07-2023, 10:49 PM)LouBlu08 Wrote:  Nick Jr. in the US is in the middle of a refresh, currently this only affects the Nick Jr. on Nick block but will probably come to the standalone channel in the coming weeks. twitter.com 
The Nick Jr. refresh is coming this September per the same article.

(P.s. Mods: The current discussion on this is split between this thread and International Pres thread. Maybe we can merge the posts from the latter to here?)

Watch this space...
WestKnightTV - on DeviantArt
[-] The following 1 user Likes W. Knight's post:
  • Medianext.MX

No sign of the Nick UK rebrand this morning, I'll keep an eye out for Saturday and also Monday. Fridays are an odd day to rebrand anyway. However, that was a tradition that Disney Channel used to do, the same day as the schools close for the summer, but it no longer stands as they're no longer in the linear UK TV market.

Coming soon: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 1987.
variety.com 

I guess this would be the first time it airs in the UK in it's original unedited form, though it is on DVD. There used to be a lot of censorship affecting this show, resulting in it being called Teenage Mutant Hero Turtles, and the first five episode season being merged into a single direct to video movie called How It All Began.
[-] The following 1 user Likes JAS84's post:
  • Happy2001