Nickelodeon 2023 Rebrand Thread

(15-05-2023, 09:45 AM)mixchris Wrote:  The Pop channels are quite odd in terms of scheduling anyway and always have been. During the CSC owned days (and beyond I think too) they used to schedule "[Channel Name] Through the Night" from 12.00 - 6.00.

That was indeed the case! It's struck me as needlessly strange. A few years ago they changed to actually listing all the overnight programming, however it appears just a few weeks ago they've gone back to the "Through The Night" designation.

Exploring the world of television on YouTube  |  benzj.tk
[-] The following 3 users Like benzj's post:
  • Brekkie, ethanjbrady, insert_good_username_here

Yes, noticed that too. Kids shows tend to be either 7 minutes, 11 minutes or 22 minutes as standard (and usually in series of 26 or 52 episodes) so overnight they basically show 5 episodes in the space of 4.

(14-05-2023, 05:34 PM)LouBlu08 Wrote:  I find it funny how they haven't been bothered to change these, I feel like Nicktoons' one is 8 or 9 years old, the only change I've seen to the night loop filler is from around last year when Nick Jr. Too's got changed from a unique loop to the same as the main Nick Jr., which is also really old (it even has the 2014 branding which is now long since outdated)

You can tell I haven't watched the UK Nick Jr. in a while as they very recently updated their overnight loop and I had no idea

The splat is coming...
www.youtube.com 
[-] The following 3 users Like Edogawa Ranpo's post:
  • BBCChameleonFan, Quantum+83, Roger Darthwell

Looks like they're launching an interstitial about upcoming movies...this is gonna be gooooooooood.

Slightly off topic, but there isn’t anywhere else relevant I could post this, but in Australia Nickelodeon is going to free to air on terrestrial in August (splat included) in place of the 10Shake channel. I wonder if Paramount has any plans for something similar in the UK?

youtu.be 
[-] The following 1 user Likes nwtv2003's post:
  • Allanbuzzy

(22-06-2023, 12:37 PM)nwtv2003 Wrote:  Slightly off topic, but there isn’t anywhere else relevant I could post this, but in Australia Nickelodeon is going to free to air on terrestrial in August (splat included) in place of the 10Shake channel. I wonder if Paramount has any plans for something similar in the UK?

youtu.be 

Also the new Nick Australia will have Nick Jr shows in the morning and Nick@Nite will come to the land down under for the first time with mature shows such as Gogglebox UK, The Graham Norton Show and movies from the Paramount Pictures library.

(22-06-2023, 12:41 PM)Edogawa Ranpo Wrote:  Also the new Nick Australia will have Nick Jr shows in the morning and Nick@Nite will come to the land down under for the first time with mature shows such as Gogglebox UK, The Graham Norton Show and movies from the Paramount Pictures library.

Actually the second time Nick@Nite on Australian TV. Back in the 90s, Nickelodeon Australia used to timeshare with Nick@Nite too, their programming lineup was similiar to American counterpart by showing classic programmes. It was dropped in 2000 after Nickelodeon itself extending its broadcast hours, moving its content to TV1 (a full-time subscription TV channel also showing classic programmes, a partnership between Sony Pictures, Viacom, and NBCUniversal, the channel ceased in 2013 being replaced by an in-house channel from Foxtel, TVH!TS).

We don't know what will happen to the current pay-TV version of Nickelodeon after August 1st.

(22-06-2023, 12:37 PM)nwtv2003 Wrote:  Slightly off topic, but there isn’t anywhere else relevant I could post this, but in Australia Nickelodeon is going to free to air on terrestrial in August (splat included) in place of the 10Shake channel. I wonder if Paramount has any plans for something similar in the UK?

youtu.be 
So with the main Nickelodeon channel moving to free-to-air in Australia, what will happen to the version on pay TV platforms like Foxtel? Turning it into a localised version of TeenNick?

Did we ever get Nick at Nite in the UK before Paramount arrived?
[-] The following 1 user Likes JasonB's post:
  • BBCChameleonFan