Amazon Prime Video

I thought Mr. Robot was a USA Network programme not an Amazon original.

(10-05-2023, 09:51 PM)Gibsy Wrote:  I thought Mr. Robot was a USA Network programme not an Amazon original.
Quoted from the Wikipedia page under Broadcast:
Quote:Mr. Robot premiered in the United States on USA Network on June 24, 2015, and in Canada on Showcase on September 4, 2015. Amazon.com secured international broadcasting rights in the United Kingdom, with the first season added on Amazon Prime on October 16, 2015, and second-season episodes to be released immediately after initial broadcast in the United States. In Australia, the series premiered on Presto on August 14, 2015. After Presto shut down, the series moved to Fox Showcase for its third season and to Foxtel On Demand for the fourth season. The show aired in the Republic of Ireland on TG4.
And from the section on Home Media:
Quote:In September 2015, Amazon.com acquired exclusive streaming VOD rights to Mr. Robot in several countries. The first season became available to stream in June 2016 for U.S. Amazon Prime subscribers.
So probably Amazon in certain countries are labelling it as an 'Amazon Original' for marketing purposes.
[-] The following 1 user Likes AaronLancs's post:
  • Gibsy

Not just a Prime thing, Netflix do this with many other shows. For example, The Good Place, an NBC original in the US, is marketed as Netflix Original in the UK.

What does that say about a channel if it scares fish? Just talk me through that.

(10-05-2023, 11:59 PM)Josh Wrote:  Not just a Prime thing, Netflix do this with many other shows. For example, The Good Place, an NBC original in the US, is marketed as Netflix Original in the UK.

The "Breaking Bad" prequel spin-off series "Better Call Saul" was also credited as a Netflix Original in the UK.
[-] The following 1 user Likes TheGregmeister's post:
  • Gibsy

Here in Brazil, Amazon Originals are obviously branded "Amazon Original", but content from third-party plaforms distributed exclusively by Prime Video in the country (and, many times, in all of Latin America) is branded "Amazon Exclusive" (The same logic works for Paramount+ and Globoplay).

Also, Netflix has been moving away from the "Original" branding, worldwide, for some time now, branding its content "A Netflix Series", "A Netflix Film", "A Netflix Comedy Special", and so on.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ArthurVX's post:
  • Medianext.MX

I watch Paramount+ through my Fire Stick. Is it just me that thinks it has one of the most unfriendly UIs ever invented?

Prime is bad enough normally, but when you slip into Paramount+, it has you dancing around all over the place to try to find the programme/episode you want. If you ever dare press back/previous, you have to start the whole multi-click search procedure all over again. Sad

Alexa is more of a hindrance than a help Angry

I don’t find it that bad. To be honest all the streamer UIs have more in common than differences these days, the Netflix style “rails” interface being used by virtually them all,

That said, the old Prime Video UI, before recent changes, was the worst. Not really in terms of its overall design but whatever algorithms it used to show you want content it thought you liked didn’t seem to work as they should. Sport especially that should have been promoted on the Home Screen you used to have to dig for (not that they have any sport in Ireland these days). It’s a lot better now, though.
[-] The following 2 users Like Rdd's post:
  • JosiahStuart, Stuart

(21-07-2023, 05:04 AM)Stuart Wrote:  I watch Paramount+ through my Fire Stick. Is it just me that thinks it has one of the most unfriendly UIs ever invented?

oh its ghastly. Its ability to get out of sync between different devices is a work of art too.

4OD/All4/Channel 4's hideous fast forward setup on connected TV's (where you need to press down to highlight the bar before pressing right) is another gem.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Pete's post:
  • Stuart

(23-07-2023, 09:32 AM)Pete Wrote:  oh its ghastly. Its ability to get out of sync between different devices is a work of art too.

4OD/All4/Channel 4's hideous fast forward setup on connected TV's (where you need to press down to highlight the bar before pressing right) is another gem.
I concur. The lack of sync between devices is certainly another one of my gripes. Angry

With many streaming services I can just log-out and go up to bed to watch the end of the programme.  I will find it under the 'continue watching' option on other UIs.

Despite having the same log-in details on my other Fire Stick, using the same wi-fi, Paramount+ seems to think I'm in a different reality when in my bedroom. Confused

(23-07-2023, 09:32 AM)Pete Wrote:  4OD/All4/Channel 4's hideous fast forward setup on connected TV's (where you need to press down to highlight the bar before pressing right) is another gem.
Whilst on the subject, why is fast forwarding and rewinding on literally every streaming app via connected devices such a terrible experience?

So many times I’ve been watching iPlayer, Netflix or whatever via Sky Q, and tried to skip back just a few seconds only to find myself dumped half way back through the programme. Then there’s the painful task of trying to get back to where I was.

Surely it can’t be that difficult to make FF and RW as smooth and easy as through Sky Q or other PVR’s native UIs.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Spencer's post:
  • Stuart