Amazon Prime Video

(24-09-2023, 12:52 PM)harshy Wrote:  I’m paying a subscription but on chrome I only get occasional 1080p I on a 1gbp internet connection so why does it do this?

I think Disney+ is like the other streaming services, where bit rates you can stream on PC are limited due to limited Widevine support in-browser. Unless the services offer content at L3, 1080p and higher typically requires Widevine L1 and/or PlayReady 3.0 (which will only work if you use the UWP apps from the MS store and a supported CPU), whereas I believe all current browsers still only support up to L3 in software. The UWP apps for things like Netflix and Disney+ should let you watch higher quality levels where the streaming service allows it.

hi mum!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Mort's post:
  • harshy

Amazon have picked up Shortland Street to air on Freevee.

metro.co.uk 

(13-12-2023, 09:24 PM)Brekkie Wrote:  Amazon have picked up Shortland Street to air on Freevee.

metro.co.uk 

Fremantle co-produces the show, so guess Amazon got it due to the Neighbours deal?

Only the 2021 and 2022 seasons are there, rather than the early episodes, which means if you are a new viewer you have to jump into already running storylines. Apart from Chris Warner, most of the characters are new.

The UK hasn't shown Shortland Street for ages either, unlike Neighbours which at least had the established fanbase or Judge Judy who also has a fanbase, so will have to build an audience from scratch.

Hm, and I thought Shortland Street had gone out of production years ago. According to Wiki its not far off 8000 episodes.

Gotta be the best part of 20 years now since ITV dropped it I would have thought. Pretty sure Sky picked it up for a bit and then dropped it like a hot potato a few weeks later...

(14-12-2023, 12:12 AM)Neil Jones Wrote:  Hm, and I thought Shortland Street had gone out of production years ago. According to Wiki its not far off 8000 episodes.

Gotta be the best part of 20 years now since ITV dropped it I would have thought. Pretty sure Sky picked it up for a bit and then dropped it like a hot potato a few weeks later...

Yep, Living (before Sky took over) in 2010 aired a double bill of episodes at 3pm around the time Adam Rickitt was in the soap (the 2007 season), with repeats the following morning and also showings on sister channel Living Loves.

When it failed to get the ratings, the morning repeats were replaced with editions of the Maury talkshow and the main airings were moved to noon, facing the popular ITV/BBC daytime shows like This Morning, Loose Women and Bargain Hunt. (The US series Criminal Minds replaced Shortland Street in the 3pm slot).

Eventually Living replaced Shortland Street with CSI repeats and shunted the rest of the episodes onto Living Loves, where they were burnt off to the end until the contract with Fremantle ran out.

Central used to love it. Surprised really a home wasn't found for it on ITV2.

(17-12-2023, 05:39 PM)Brekkie Wrote:  Central used to love it. Surprised really a home wasn't found for it on ITV2.

ITV2 changed its target audience between its launch and the time Shortland Street had been dropped, so assuming that still happened it probably wouldn't have survived very long on ITV2...

Ads being added from 5th Feb - an extra £2.99 a month to remove them.

www.bbc.co.uk 

So I still have about 6 months left on my annual sub.
Does anyone know if people in that situation will have ad free until the end of the sub or option of partial refund?
Can't seem to find information on this.

(27-12-2023, 01:58 PM)Brekkie Wrote:  Ads being added from 5th Feb - an extra £2.99 a month to remove them.

www.bbc.co.uk 
I use Amazon Delivery, so Prime is just a bonus for me.

If the adverts are going to be 'limited', rather like on ITVX, then it's just a time to pop to the toilet or put on the kettle. I certainly won't be paying £2.99 to avoid adverts.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Stuart's post:
  • London Lite