Inside No 9: 3 by 3 "schedule change"

Wipeout audience shown at the end of this clip:

www.youtube.com 

I'm more fixated on the credits at the very beginning  that don't stay in the same place on the screen! 🤣

(21-05-2023, 09:35 PM)tellyblues Wrote:  Wipeout audience shown at the end of this clip:

www.youtube.com 

I am guessing the audience shots were normally very quick. Because half the audience are staring at a solid wall

[Image: RZUlnZx.jpg]
[-] The following 2 users Like TIGHazard's post:
  • Milkshake, scottishtv

(21-05-2023, 10:16 PM)TIGHazard Wrote:  
(21-05-2023, 09:35 PM)tellyblues Wrote:  Wipeout audience shown at the end of this clip:

www.youtube.com 

I am guessing the audience shots were normally very quick. Because half the audience are staring at a solid wall

Just been digging around. Can't seem to find the right Points Of View episode. But here is a quote from the popular website UK Gameshows in the trivia section on what occurred in the Monkhouse era:

Quote:The Monkhouse daytime version of the programme was not filmed in front of a live studio audience. In fact, as well as canned laughter they once added a digital audience to the opening shots. The effect was rumbled when someone wrote in to Points of View to say how remarkably similar the audience was on every show...
Page sourced from: www.ukgameshows.com 
[-] The following 1 user Likes AaronLancs's post:
  • scottishtv

It still says a lot about Bob Monkhouse that he could deliver his opening jokes with the timing he did despite not having an audience to work with.
[-] The following 3 users Like Larry the Loafer's post:
  • AaronLancs, bilky asko, Happy2001

(21-05-2023, 11:19 PM)AaronLancs Wrote:  
(21-05-2023, 10:16 PM)TIGHazard Wrote:  I am guessing the audience shots were normally very quick. Because half the audience are staring at a solid wall

Just been digging around. Can't seem to find the right Points Of View episode. But here is a quote from the popular website UK Gameshows in the trivia section on what occurred in the Monkhouse era:

Quote:The Monkhouse daytime version of the programme was not filmed in front of a live studio audience. In fact, as well as canned laughter they once added a digital audience to the opening shots. The effect was rumbled when someone wrote in to Points of View to say how remarkably similar the audience was on every show...
Page sourced from: www.ukgameshows.com 

I recall the Points of View segment featuring a supposed shot of empty audience seating and a cleaner vacuuming the stairs as a humorous reference to what was really happening.

By today's standards, that virtual audience is awful. The frame rate mismatch for one, as well as the obvious cloning of various sections.
[-] The following 1 user Likes bilky asko's post:
  • AaronLancs

(21-05-2023, 11:25 PM)Larry the Loafer Wrote:  It still says a lot about Bob Monkhouse that he could deliver his opening jokes with the timing he did despite not having an audience to work with.

I'd also say with it he kind of brought along that geniality that was prevalent in the original American version of the show. A king of more genteel sort of show compared to Daniel's slightly more 'anarchic' version. Humour based upon puns and clever wordplay. Plus, one thing I did love with it dare one say it was when a contestant hit a Wipeout. he would say something like "Did Big Ben's bongs bong one bong too short?". I know many say it kind of ruined the surprise for the viewer when he Wipeout was revealed but for me that was his own calm and kind way of saying "You're an idiot".
[-] The following 1 user Likes AaronLancs's post:
  • Larry the Loafer

(19-05-2023, 06:59 PM)Jon Wrote:  
(19-05-2023, 06:52 PM)Joe Wrote:  I agree with that – it’s great to see this approach, pushing the format and finding a way to make it work.
That’s also the thing, if you don’t like it one week, you might like it the next. 

I usually start the episodes not feeling them, and thinking it’s not as good as the last one I’ve watched and end up being hooked by the end.

Considering the amount of uninteresting and non-news TV related articles the tabloids seem to pump out.  It doesn’t seem to have generated much press outside of smaller publications.

It’s something the tabloids could play with “Woman’s head EXPLODES on prime time Lee Mack Quiz” and being kinda true for once.

You mean like this

twitter.com 
[-] The following 4 users Like Andrew's post:
  • Brekkie, Happy2001, Jon, RhysJR

Yes, that was the sort of thing. I see that’s across the Reach titles now including The Mirror.

Presumably these clickbait journalists don’t watch anything after The Chase on ITV at 5pm, so missed it until now.

I just hope the BBC don't get into trouble for it - a warning any more than the one they gave would have completely ruined how it played out.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Brekkie's post:
  • Alessi