Thread Closed

Philip Schofield steps down from This Morning with immediate effect

(20-05-2023, 03:55 PM)RDJ Wrote:  Could it be a mere coincidence that Jake Humphrey has quit BT Sport after 10 years yesterday?
BT Sport seems to be effectively closing down and relaunching when it comes to the Discovery takeover and he was reducing his commitment anyway. So I wouldn’t really link the two.

However, could Jake be a suitable replacement? Potentially.
[-] The following 5 users Like Jon's post:
  • AJB39, AndrewP, bilky asko, interestednovice, watchingtv

(20-05-2023, 03:53 PM)Rogo23 Wrote:  Wow, very surprising, I wish Philip the best. 
I’d like to throw Ben Shepherd’s name in, he’s filled in for Philip before, has great chemistry with Holly and viewers already know him. It’d be seen as a stable and calming move from my perspective.

A solid choice if the show is going to centered around Holly.

Can't believe BBC World led with Phil leaving. No one outside of the UK or New Zealand (where he started his TV career) would have any idea who he is. Absolutely ridiculous.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Kojak's post:
  • Stuart

(20-05-2023, 03:24 PM)Omnipresent Wrote:  We’ll soon find but if someone resigns on a Saturday afternoon it’s often because a story is about to run in the Sunday papers.
Yeah, I won't be surprised if there's something on the front page of the Sun on Sunday. The Sun has had several front pages about Holly and Phillip in the last couple of weeks.

(20-05-2023, 03:55 PM)RDJ Wrote:  He should have left a long time ago. Left on a high. Instead he's carried on and on until he's thrown his own and nearly the show's reputation in the gutter amongst the general public.

Could it be a mere coincidence that Jake Humphrey has quit BT Sport after 10 years yesterday?
I don't think that's connected, BT Sport is closing down and he is leaving to concentrate on his business interests. I don't think things would be decided sorted that quickly

The timing is definitely hinting towards something being on the front of a Sunday paper. 3pm on Saturday is very much heads up time.

I really think a permanent replacement is needed. TV does far too much “temporary” rotationals (GMB & Pointless currently, The One Show for ages).

Joel Dommett was pretty good a few weeks back when he covered, but unsure if he’d want it full time. I wonder if a 3 day / 2 day split between Holly and new & Alison and Dermot would spread the load better.
[-] The following 2 users Like Ash101's post:
  • fanoftv, UTVLifer

I'll be surprised if it's anyone but Dermot (or Allison). Didn't they ditch Eamon & Ruth so they could have a more demographic friendly ''B team''? Presumably so they could be promoted if need be. Also, they didn't initially go for the obvious (Fern & John) when Richard & Judy left and it was a disaster.

(20-05-2023, 04:25 PM)Kim Wexler’s Ponytail Wrote:  I'll be surprised if it's anyone but Dermot (or Allison). Didn't they ditch Eamon & Ruth so they could have a more demographic friendly ''B team''? Presumably so they could be promoted if need be. Also, they didn't initially go for the obvious (Fern & John) when Richard & Judy left and it was a disaster.

It depends if he wants to do four days a week. Allison has said before she wasn’t keen.

I think holly will go in the next few months despite what itv is saying this afternoon

Nice bit of overtime for whoever is going in tomorrow to re-edit the title sequence
[-] The following 9 users Like Stooky Bill's post:
  • AndrewP, Jayesyn, Nobby, Pips2022, Rxtx, Stuart, Toby brown, UTVLifer, WhisperOfCinnamon
Thread Closed