C4 Programme Commissioning Woes

I think both of them perform well for C4 - it's not like when they got lumbered with Rise & Fall to keep Gogglebox.

In other news been confirmed today Hollyoaks will jump forward a year when it's cut to three episodes a week.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Brekkie's post:
  • UTVLifer

Channel 4 with a DOG on screen advertising Top Gun: Maverick that is airing after the football tonight. No Channel 4 logo on screen, it directly replaces it.

To be fair a rare bit of good scheduling from C4 and a relatively quick premiere too.
[-] The following 3 users Like Brekkie's post:
  • ACTV, JMT1985, RhysJR

Channel 4 has announced its new senior commissioning team:

www.channel4.com 

Quote:Channel 4’s Chief Content Officer Ian Katz has today confirmed the appointments of three key roles in his senior commissioning team.

Each of the Heads of Department will be tasked to deliver against the broadcaster’s recently announced Fast Forward strategy.

The ambitious strategy, announced by the publicly owned broadcaster in January, will reshape the organisation as it sets out to become a genuinely digital-first public service streamer.

Three newly appointed Heads of Department, Alisa Pomeroy, Steven Handley and Ollie Madden will take up the reins alongside existing editorial commissioning leadership team Pete Andrews, Louisa Compton, Sacha Khari, Viv Molokwu, Shaminder Nahal, Charlie Perkins and Jo Street.

Something I've been wondering for a while now..... Channel 4 commissioned this one-episode documentary to be presented by Jermaine Jenas (makes sense since he's a sneakerhead by the amount of different shoes he wears during the One Show), and it was announced as "coming soon" back in mid-April 2023 (so nearly a year ago now). But has it ever been broadcast? I can't find any information online to suggest it was ever actually aired and am wondering if C4 are just sitting on this for some reason as part of their wider woes....

www.channel4.com 

(30-03-2024, 04:54 PM)SuperSajuuk Wrote:  Something I've been wondering for a while now..... Channel 4 commissioned this one-episode documentary to be presented by Jermaine Jenas (makes sense since he's a sneakerhead by the amount of different shoes he wears during the One Show), and it was announced as "coming soon" back in mid-April 2023 (so nearly a year ago now). But has it ever been broadcast? I can't find any information online to suggest it was ever actually aired and am wondering if C4 are just sitting on this for some reason as part of their wider woes....

www.channel4.com 

He probably hasn't had time to film it Big Grin
[-] The following 1 user Likes RhysJR's post:
  • SuperSajuuk

Channel 4 CEO Alex Mahon was one of the guests on this week's Media Show on Radio 4 (only one host for the whole hour this week). The Channel 4 discussion is from 31:42 onwards.

www.bbc.co.uk 

Interesting that this is the prevailing belief in the undustry, not just in these pages.

twitter.com 
[-] The following 2 users Like RhysJR's post:
  • Brekkie, UTVLifer

(18-04-2024, 12:12 PM)RhysJR Wrote:  Interesting that this is the prevailing belief in the undustry, not just in these pages.

95% of the industry have felt like this for at least 5 years. The other 5% are the Studio Lamberts and the other narrow few who keep getting anything and everything away with the channel.
[-] The following 2 users Like gottago's post:
  • Brekkie, UTVLifer

There's a side of me that wonders if they need someone on the Channel 4 Board who can instigate a change at the top level. It does seem that there's no one who is willing to challenge Mahon and Katz and tell them time's up.

Well they are the people who can instigate change at the top level. I believe a board can vote to strip them of their roles but not to remove them from the board. There could be an argument for a member of PACT to have a place on the board but also an argument that might be a conflict of interests.

Channel 4, whether talking about the channel, the streamer or the company as a whole, just feels directionless at the moment and failing to capitalise on the changing TV landscape in a way they seemed to be adapting too quite well just a few years back.