Cheerio to Charlie Fairhead (Casualty)

(22-06-2023, 06:21 PM)James2001 Wrote:  I'd argue being a dump would accurately represent hospitals of the 2020s too.

I don't remember the series 7 one (though I would only have been 6 when it was broadcast, and I've never seen that series repeated), but I do remember it being blown up at the end of series 9. That hospital's had a ridiculous amount of disasters as well as refurbishments.

Was the end series 9 the Causality and  Holby cross over when the tanker crashed into the hospital and the leaking fuel filled the basement before the whole thing went up. It always made me laugh that the two wings we saw on holby had these huge explosions going off and then the next week there was a bit of scaffolding and the hospital was near enough back to normal.

Just a ident loving pres.fan from the East of England 
All spelling mistakes are my own #Dyslexic@Keyboard 

Series 9 ended in 1995- 4 years before Holby City even began.
[-] The following 1 user Likes James2001's post:
  • Reith85

Funnily enough with all this talk of Holby City. Just doing a wee bit of research on Wiki. Derek Thompson did do a walk on cameo in episode one "Whose Heart Is It Anyway?" of Holby back in 1999. Plus popped up again from time to time (2005, 2010 & 2012) and even popped up on the short lived Holby Blue in 2007.

Start of series 3 on Drama today- clearly a switch to electronically generated end credits (does at times seem remarkable how long credits on physical captions and rollers continued in use on some shows!), in a slightly different font- though Geraint Morris's producer credit still clearly from the old physical caption but immediately followed by Michael Owen Morris's (a name mentioned on here only last week, as director of Cindy's return episode of EastEnders) director credit in the new font.

Also incredibly annoying that the issue with newly acquired BBC content (it's not affecting content from elsewhere or UKTV's own content) on UKTV channels being filmised/de-interlaced still hasn't been fixed, it's been going on for months. You'd think someone would have noticed and fixed it quite quickly, speaks volumes about their technical standards and monitoring that it's been going on for around 5 months now.

Watching yesterday's episode (series 3, episode 3) there was a scene where they were giving a patient an ultrasound scan, and when they told the doctor to stop and hold the sensor in place, there was a glitch on the monitor that was clearly someone pausing a videotape.

The fact the doctor was played by Brian Capron... and shown on the same day ITV3 showed Richard Hillman driving into the canal made me not want to trust him!

An episode with a special format will air a week Saturday to mark the NHS' 75th birthday, featuring real life NHS workers in amongst the usual fictional cast and plot.

www.bbc.com 
[-] The following 1 user Likes RhysJR's post:
  • DJ Dave

If the current schedules are right, Drama are skipping episode 4 of series 4 the week after next, not entirely sure why going by the
episode description, possibly because someone jumps in front of a train. Look like we'll get through series 2 and 3 with no skips at least, after they skipped 3 episodes of series 1.

Twitter stories are saying the BBC are planning to reduce the number of episodes per year.

x.com 

This coming after they axed Holby City... is the end nigh?