Drop the Dead Donkey

Fantastic news broke last night that the cast (minus the late David Swift, obviously) are reuniting for a stage show, touring England from January next year. 

www.theguardian.com 
[-] The following 5 users Like Studio7's post:
  • AaronLancs, Earlie37, Happy2001, London Lite, TJTSW

This is something I am seriously looking forward to.

I binge on "All4" a selection of episodes from across the series from time to time. Very clever writing and makes one wonder how much of what went on was real.

Phew - should work well as a stage show but glad it's not returning as a TV series - as frankly the industry and the news agenda is beyond parody nowadays. It was fantastic at it's time but most classic series are best left as they were. Feel the same about the Frasier revival.

(30-05-2023, 10:49 AM)Brekkie Wrote:  Phew - should work well as a stage show but glad it's not returning as a TV series - as frankly the industry and the news agenda is beyond parody nowadays.  It was fantastic at it's time but most classic series are best left as they were.  Feel the same about the Frasier revival.
Drop the Dead Donkey never ended: it became real. I always thought the Sky News intro from 2005 (with the cameras whizzing around the newsroom) was just like the Drop the Dead Donkey titles. 

Frasier I think is different. It seems less of a revival than a completely new series, that just happens to star the same title  character, which I think is better than trying to recreate past glories.
[-] The following 3 users Like Studio7's post:
  • London Lite, Roger Darthwell, thomash79

While it was originally a kids show, iCarly's Paramount+ reboot has been a success, they managed to keep the majority of the core cast except for Jeanette McCurdy and introduced new characters which have gelled well into the iCarly universe.

They're still targeting the same audience that originally watched iCarly on Nick, but as a show for adults in the 20s and early 30s.
[-] The following 2 users Like London Lite's post:
  • DeMarkay, JosiahStuart

(30-05-2023, 06:55 PM)Studio7 Wrote:  Frasier I think is different. It seems less of a revival than a completely new series, that just happens to star the same title  character, which I think is better than trying to recreate past glories.

Though setting it in Boston makes me wonder if it's going to be tied into Cheers closer than the original Frasier was.

I always wonder if news reporters have their own Dimbles?
[-] The following 1 user Likes XIII's post:
  • Studio7