Jane McDonald - British Soap Awards Host

Jane is to replace Phillip Schofield as host of the 2023 awards.
[-] The following 2 users Like JamesWorldNews's post:
  • DeMarkay, UTVLifer

At least its not Jim (McDonald)
[-] The following 3 users Like eyeTV's post:
  • AJB39, Brekkie, GMc

A surprising choice. Nice to see them going for someone other than the usual bunch of people.
[-] The following 2 users Like GMc's post:
  • AJB39, DeMarkay

As GMc said a surprising choice but no doubt a safe option who will do very well.

I was expecting Alison Hammond or Sharon Marshall. Quite a pleasant surprise to see someone off the ITV piste and who I think will do really well at it.
[-] The following 2 users Like RDJ's post:
  • DeMarkay, UTVLifer

(01-06-2023, 11:42 AM)RDJ Wrote:  I was expecting Alison Hammond or Sharon Marshall. Quite a pleasant surprise to see someone off the ITV piste and who I think will do really well at it.

Sharon Marshall would have been a bit of a left field choice to helm something like this.

A suitable choice for the target audience. By the way they air on Tuesday at 8pm, although with no BGT on Saturday they probably could have aired live as they had begun doing for a couple of years before covid.

(01-06-2023, 11:42 AM)RDJ Wrote:  I was expecting Alison Hammond or Sharon Marshall. Quite a pleasant surprise to see someone off the ITV piste and who I think will do really well at it.
Maybe ITV have realised the dangers of relying on a small handful of presenters to host programmes.

I dare say they opted not to use other 'safe pair of hands' presenters that ITV often use such as Holly, Alison, or Dermot due to their association with This Morning, and potential awkwardness if that topic came up during the awards ceremony. I can imagine that some of those handing out and receiving awards might be tempted to mention it and suggest it should have been nominated/won certain categories.

I suspect Jane McDonald will be fairly popular amongst the programme's target audience, and should do well. It's certainly nice to see different people presenting programmes.

Formerly 'Charlie Wells' of TV Forum.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Keith's post:
  • JK08

I guess a lot of it came down to who was available and didn’t turn it down. That said Jane McDonald seems like a solid choice for the target audience.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Jon's post:
  • Brekkie

My ears certainly pricked up when I heard on the radio “ITV have announced Jane McDonald will be replacing Phillip Schofield…”

That said - she’d be amazing on This Morning.
[-] The following 3 users Like all new phil's post:
  • fanoftv, JamesWorldNews, UTVLifer