BBC Local strike action

Due to the 48 hour strike it looks like we could an English nations summary from Salford again during Breakfast, instead of Look East.  I'm assuming that most other parts of the England saw similar output, with very few regional bulletins actually occurring.

This sort of compact 'around England' bulletin is the sort of thing I wouldn't mind seeing on the News channel for their 'Around the UK' break filler, as it manages to cover a lot of regional headlines within a few minutes.  I'd have thought it would be fairly easy for someone to record such a feature and have it play out during the daytime, perhaps being updated once or twice during the daytime.

Formerly 'Charlie Wells' of TV Forum.
[-] The following 6 users Like Keith's post:
  • AndrewP, interestednovice, Plutobug, Quantum+83, Superman1986, xlalonce

What are they going to do for the lunchtime, evening and late bulletins? Presumably they aren't going to be able to put out an England only bulletin for those?
[-] The following 1 user Likes m_in_m's post:
  • Superman1986

South got the bulletin from Salford, with Steve Saul.

(07-06-2023, 09:49 AM)m_in_m Wrote:  What are they going to do for the lunchtime, evening and late bulletins? Presumably they aren't going to be able to put out an England only bulletin for those?

The England schedules have now been updated with filler programmes for 1.30 and 6.30pm.
[-] The following 1 user Likes steve's post:
  • Superman1986

East Midlands had a bulletin presented by Jodi Law.
London & South East took the same bulletin presented by Kirsteen O'Sullivan.

I think all the others got Steve Saul from Salford

The Salford bulletins were shown in all English regions except: East Midlands, West, South East and London.

twitter.com 
[-] The following 5 users Like Clean Feed's post:
  • Aaron, AndrewP, Happy2001, Plutobug, Quantum+83

Why do these regions get a bulletin, what special arrangement do they have ?

Presumably enough non-union staff available to be able to put together a programme.

There's another London & South East joint bulletin at lunchtime, although it's listed in the EPG as being a Blue Planet filler.
[-] The following 3 users Like thegeek's post:
  • AndrewP, Plutobug, UTVLifer

People willing to breach the picket line, I guess?

Anyway, Blue Planet on now, instead of Look North Hull. I assume it's the same everywhere else that didn't get their local news.

(07-06-2023, 01:36 PM)thegeek Wrote:  Presumably enough non-union staff available to be able to put together a programme.

There's another London & South East joint bulletin at lunchtime, although it's listed in the EPG as being a Blue Planet filler.
I can confirm BBC One London took the joint bulletin and not the filler listed on the EPG.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Aaron's post:
  • Happy2001