"Local TV" licences to be renewed through to 2034

Absolutely, I agree.

The limited coverage, given the way the mux has been squeezed in without a proper plan for it, hampers things too. A significant proportion of people who receive all the main 6 muxes, and even received COM7 and COM8 on their lower-power temporary frequencies, can’t even receive the local channels despite being theoretically within the coverage area. That doesn’t help!

One would also have thought that, with some kind of reckoning regarding the future-use of DTT frequencies fast approaching, it would be the ideal time to get rid of an oddity such as local TV.

The long overdue switch to DVB-T2 largely another issue but in theory the local mux could switch and likely offer two HD channels and four in SD.

One thing that never materialised at all was a connected TV service which was supposed to plug the gaps and perhaps be the future transmission model for them. Think it was abandoned pretty early on.
[-] The following 2 users Like Brekkie's post:
  • chrisdafur, interestednovice

Notts TV doing a respectable job today with regular online content and their first bulletin of the day at 2.30pm.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Brekkie's post:
  • interestednovice

That's TV 2 launches tomorrow. And it's airing Home and Away from the start.
www.radiotimes.com 
[-] The following 2 users Like JAS84's post:
  • Happy2001, interestednovice

What great, hyper-local content!
[-] The following 1 user Likes interestednovice's post:
  • Brekkie

Thats TV 2 has no local commitments (not that the main channel has many).

I can't complain about this service though, they are going to show Prisoner Cell Block H. 😀
[-] The following 3 users Like eyeTV's post:
  • Happy2001, interestednovice, Nobby

When did the Made channels become "TalkBirmingham" and what not? Must have missed that!

The Birmingham operation has probably had more names and brands than I've had hot dinners...

I know, my comment was firmly tongue-in-cheek!
[-] The following 1 user Likes interestednovice's post:
  • eyeTV

(02-01-2024, 09:14 PM)eyeTV Wrote:  Thats TV 2 has no local commitments (not that the main channel has many).

I can't complain about this service though, they are going to show Prisoner Cell Block H. 😀
This was just the most suitable thread I could find to post that news in. And yeah, That's TV 2 honestly sounds like a better proposition than the first That's TV channel!
[-] The following 1 user Likes JAS84's post:
  • interestednovice

Cell Block H has been on My5 and I think 5 Star since December.
[-] The following 1 user Likes London Lite's post:
  • interestednovice