"Local TV" licences to be renewed through to 2034

Just noticed that for Teesside TV (at least on Virgin), the EPG has been inaccurate since the clock change, all programmes are listed an hour ahead. Hopefully their viewer isn't too bothered by this.

These local services are so badly operated that it's just not possible to find out exactly what the 'Local TV' service will comprise of once the sustaining Talk TV feed is no more.

No website, no EPG updates, nothing? Anyone know?

(15-04-2024, 10:34 PM)Brekkie Wrote:  Notts TV showing how it should be done - seem to have a strong social media content and their news actually includes news, not voxpops on national issues done on street corners.

twitter.com 

Meanwhile That's TV and Local TV have virtually zero presence online - even if their news content showed anything worthwhile unless you see it on TV you're not going to see it.
That's how you do local news

You build up a strong local presence by social media, local advertising, awareness and so on

"Nationalized" media hardly do that; or hardly are economically able to do that

EPG now says "National Upstream".
for the previous Talk TV hours.

Oddly the local channel here has dropped off the channel line up totally, I'm in fringe reception of it and currently have no signal, but usually channels stay there until I rescan (I still have CITV! I don't rescan often).

Wonder if they've done something odd, or would renaming it when it's not recievable by the box) TV mean it disappears?

So it seems that 'Local TV' will still be taking the Talk video feed.

(27-04-2024, 09:06 PM)eyeTV Wrote:  So it seems that 'Local TV' will still be taking the Talk video feed.

The EPG has updated- looks like old repeats of Made shows like Chatty Lasses and editions of The Heritage Chart Show are replacing the TalkTV simulcast, until they get a new sustaining service.
[-] The following 3 users Like AndyB2008's post:
  • Happy2001, lookoutwales, TVFan

Thought they might have to resort to their archive. Might even be interesting to see some of it - indeed just accidently found that Local TV have an actually updated Daily Motion channel (because everyone uses Daily Motion!) - pretty much the first time I've seen content from the North Wales channel. Most seems to be voxpops on more generic national issues though, something OFCOM has flagged. Interestingly a couple of stories for Glasgow and London too where they don't hold the licence. Seems much of the Made content can be found in the playlists.

www.dailymotion.com 

Can't find much online for That's TV other than their twitter feeds which seem to be various politicians talking far too closely to the camera.

Weird, I don't get the effort they are putting into Daily Motion but not YouTube where the audience surely is?
[-] The following 1 user Likes eyeTV's post:
  • callumwatchestelly

KMTV also use DailyMotion for uploading their local bulletins and to stream the local channel up to 720p.

www.dailymotion.com 
[-] The following 1 user Likes London Lite's post:
  • Brekkie