Wimbledon 2023

I really like that they slotted in a brief clip of Sue in the royal box into the ending montage

And hats off to Clare, Isha and Qasa as well as the rest of the team for doing such a brilliant job for the last fortnight.
[-] The following 5 users Like UTVLifer's post:
  • AJB39, Brekkie, Nige, Reith85, RhysJR

A peak audience of 11.3 million for yesterday's men's singles final.

twitter.com 
[-] The following 7 users Like RhysJR's post:
  • AJB39, Brekkie, Happy2001, London Lite, Reith85, Stuart, UTVLifer

(11-07-2023, 08:00 PM)dvboy Wrote:  The linear Red Button channel is on BBC iPlayer as "Wimbledon Extra".

Today it seems they have decided to stay with the mixed doubles on that channel with Today at Wimbledon only going out on BBC Two (at 20:00 as scheduled).

The Red Button out-of-vision hosts were notably credited as 'iPlayer Presenters' on the long list of credits, removing any mention of the linear stream. On the Tokyo 2020 credits at least, they were credited 'BBC iPlayer and Red Button, Announcers'

twitter.com 
[-] The following 2 users Like RhysJR's post:
  • Happy2001, UTVLifer

(17-07-2023, 11:55 AM)RhysJR Wrote:  A peak audience of 11.3 million for yesterday's men's singles final.

twitter.com 

More details on the viewing figures. Overall viewing up on last year, the men's singles final the most watched since 2016, I've seen it reported the women's singles final is also up on last year.

www.bbc.com 

twitter.com 
[-] The following 3 users Like RhysJR's post:
  • AJB39, Happy2001, UTVLifer

I would imagine a mix of bad weather and not being up against the British Grand Prix would have helped with that. Even though shows tennis is still performing strongly without any obvious British contenders.
[-] The following 3 users Like Jon's post:
  • AJB39, Happy2001, UTVLifer

BTS clip of the director of the Red Button / Wimbledon Extra stream.

twitter.com 
[-] The following 1 user Likes RhysJR's post:
  • Happy2001

(17-07-2023, 04:14 PM)Jon Wrote:  I would imagine a mix of bad weather and not being up against the British Grand Prix would have helped with that. Even though shows tennis is still performing strongly without any obvious British contenders.

Obviously yesterday Men's Singles Final was brilliant and great numbers watching considering no Murray etc but the 2019 figure is excellent as it was up against the England v New Zealand Cricket World Cup Final on Sky Sports (simulcast on Channel 4 & More 4) and the F1 British Grand Prix on Sky Sports & Channel 4.
[-] The following 2 users Like NI92's post:
  • AJB39, UTVLifer

Bit annoyed, went on the iPlayer to see if I goy myself on TV by hovering in the background, and all the footage between them moving to BBC2 and them cutting to the ladies' doubles final isn't on there!
[-] The following 2 users Like James2001's post:
  • RhysJR, Stuart

(17-07-2023, 10:39 PM)James2001 Wrote:  Bit annoyed, went on the iPlayer to see if I goy myself on TV by hovering in the background, and all the footage between them moving to BBC2 and them cutting to the ladies' doubles final isn't on there!
If you get a very large cherry picker, you could always appear outside the windows around the Newsnight sofa in 54D.

They pulled up all the gauze blinds a few months ago, so there is a clear view to the outside.  Big Grin