Wimbledon 2023

(16-07-2023, 06:34 PM)dvboy Wrote:  News now at 18:55 with a 45-minute revision of Antiques Roadshow at 20:15 at present.

Now it's at 19:10 with Antiques Roadshow further slimmed down to 30 minutes.
[-] The following 1 user Likes oscillon's post:
  • AJB39

(16-07-2023, 06:55 PM)oscillon Wrote:  Now it's at 19:10 with Antiques Roadshow further slimmed down to 30 minutes.

The presentation and the likes won't be due by then either!

(16-07-2023, 06:55 PM)oscillon Wrote:  Now it's at 19:10 with Antiques Roadshow further slimmed down to 30 minutes.

Switched for a different episode.
[-] The following 1 user Likes dvboy's post:
  • oscillon

(16-07-2023, 06:57 PM)James2001 Wrote:  The presentation and the likes won't be due by then either!
Well, they just welcomed viewers on BBC Two for the rest and BBC One went to News

The ending on BBC One was a bit brisk for my liking

Not even the short theme music was played

I’m sure on the final even when running late they’d still play a montage and the long credits at the end of the BBC One programme
[-] The following 2 users Like Andrew's post:
  • Stuart, UTVLifer

(16-07-2023, 07:17 PM)Andrew Wrote:  The ending on BBC One was a bit brisk for my liking

Not even the short theme music was played

I’m sure on the final even when running late they’d still play a montage and the long credits at the end of the BBC One programme

Cut it really fine, the continuity announcement on BBC Two was going out while the interview with Carlos Alcaraz was concluding.
  • Stuart

Yes - rushed off air far too quickly. Should have got the extra half hour with Countryfile at 8pm but at the very least had the short theme play over the final scenes. Really this moment now with the balcony presentation should be the climax of the coverage.

I know to that Wimbledon handle the on court interviews but usually the BBC talent do the singles final, though practically it actually works for Clare to pick that up after the presentation.

Also can't recall his name but the presenter of the Wheelchair Finals was very good as well. Actually to be fair I can't fault any of the presenters, but Andrew Castle is very much the weakest link when it comes to commentary.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Brekkie's post:
  • Stuart

Trying and probably completely failing to get on TV :p

[-] The following 2 users Like James2001's post:
  • paul_hadley, UTVLifer

(16-07-2023, 07:26 PM)James2001 Wrote:  Trying and probably completely failing to get on TV :p
Thanks James2001.  Did BBC not have a proper studio this year?

Being perched on a balcony in the media centre looks rather bad. Confused
[-] The following 1 user Likes Stuart's post:
  • UTVLifer

(16-07-2023, 07:31 PM)Stuart Wrote:  Thanks James2001.  Did BBC not have a proper studio this year?

Being perched on a balcony in the media centre looks rather bad. Confused

Yes they were in it at the start of yesterday's women's semifinal coverage, presumably due to the windy conditions.
  • UTVLifer